The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Possible De Lorean Find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A Van

Hi Ronnie

Good luck..It might be good to see if any members can help you out or come along with you..there are very knowledgeable people to help around those parts..

Alistair McCann or Mr Robert Lamrock may be able to offer some advice, on who or whatever.

I would recommend you take someone with you before negotiating, or you could end up with a heap of junk that will cost thousands to restore.

Regards
Yeah, I'm always sceptacle about cars that have been driven into a garage in a mint condition, and then just left there. Why would anyone do that?

Personally, and I've mentioned this before, but I'd rather buy a car with an average mileage and used quite frequently than one thats just unbelievably low use and mileage.

Laying them up does more damage than good as you probably know.
Hi Ronnie,

The best advice I can offer is, trust your instinct and head but not your heart.

Laid up cars are a nightmare unless they have actually been driven at least every few months. That's driven not just run up!

Be cautious and remember there are 6000 deloreans still out there, so you don't need to buy the first one you see!

Good Luck
D

A Van

Oh and Ronnie

Nearly forgot...

Get the VIN number!!

Cheers
Hi Ronnie i know when i brought my delorean i wanted to be able to drive it straght away and if i had to look at it for months on end whilest i was doing it up i think that would have done my head in. its like giving a toy to a kid and telling them thay wheren't aloud to play with it .But hay good luck with it and i wise you all the best but dont forget the golden rule of thumb THEY WANT TO SELL IT MORE THAN YOU WANT TO BYE IT.....its easier to start low and go up but you cant go down

all the best
Tyson

ps dont look to eager and slag it off whilest looking round it
Hi Ronnie,

It's not the car thats appeared on ebay for sale in NI today is it?

Regards
D