The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: SHOWS AND MEETINGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why oh why oh why Do people insist on bringing there cars to show and meets on trailers

i think clubs should change there rules and regulations about people bringing there cars to shows on trailers there just is no excuse for this

if any persons brings there cars on a trailer then NO Awards that way it could give over people a chance to win awards

i see it time and time again with other various clubs the underneath of some cars is so stupidly clean why how can you ever use a car like that are you mad

i think there should be an award for people who actually drive there cars to shows use them normally and look after them normally
none of this concours stuff thats all gone a bit over the top now days if ya going to have a car that clean and that shiny and unsused then put it in a museum overwise go and get it dirty and use it on the roads........

Before anyone says it (maybe they broke down ?)

ok fair enough
I couldn't agree with you more. This is always the case at some of the bike shows I go to. Far to many people bring their custom choppers and the like to the show in a van and walk away with best in show awards. More often than not they have had stupid money spent on them by big companies, and people like me don't stand a chance on our bikes built in our sheds. :roll:
I completley agree that trailering cars around for shows is a bit OTT, you might as well stick your car in a museum if you're worried about it.

On the plus side... many car shows do now have catagories for cars that have covered certain mileages, daily drivers etc...

James
It depends how far the car is going to a show really, some people like to keep the mileages down etc. Then again, if you are winning a prize, there should be different catagories as James pointed out.
Here Here!

We call them Trailer Queens in the Rolls-Royce club. They are not allowed to enter any concours or competition. All cars on display entered must prove with MOT's and other Legal documents that they have covered 3000 miles in the last 12 months. If the car is prewar then they must prove 1500 miles in the last 12 months. All cars must be driven to the show.
It's a sorry state when people with cars worth less than £100 Grand think they are something special and trailer them everywhere!

Even AX201 the worlds most expensive R-R car (£30 Million insurance value) gets triven to shows and recently completed a UK tour.

Come on you Trailer Queens get those cars driven!
No excuses. "two seater" etc, well the family can follow in another car if needs be.

Live the dream today....drive, don't just dream of driving!

Regards
D
At some of the bike shows its been knows for people to come in a van and park up the road then ride the bike a mile up the road to the show.
here here, i take mine to shows on a trailer only if its long distance tho as i wanna keep the milage down ,i drive it to euro tec tho as it only takes just over half our from where i live, :wink:

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:It depends how far the car is going to a show really, some people like to keep the mileages down etc. Then again, if you are winning a prize, there should be different catagories as James pointed out.
we had to trailer this car as its worth a bob or two , the ford heritage museum lent it too us for 4 days to take to a show i was pleased to give it back at the end as their is only this one in the uk, me cleaning it out befor it goes back
[Image: schooldemo.jpg]
Yeah well thats going back to museum that dont count so your ok

bozzzydmc

tracey steele Wrote:we had to trailer this car as its worth a bob or two , the ford heritage museum lent it too us for 4 days to take to a show i was pleased to give it back at the end as their is only this one in the uk, me cleaning it out befor it goes back

Can I have that white XR2 please ? Smile
cool hunky dorey :wink:
tc ozzie Wrote:Yeah well thats going back to museum that dont count so your ok
you missed out there we bought it for the fiesta club and raffled it at the nec it was a nice nippy car.

[Image: schooldemo072.jpg]
ANDY RACEING IT ROUND THE NURBURG IN HOLLAND

[Image: schooldemo070.jpg]
[Image: schooldemo071.jpg]

bozzzydmc Wrote:
tracey steele Wrote:we had to trailer this car as its worth a bob or two , the ford heritage museum lent it too us for 4 days to take to a show i was pleased to give it back at the end as their is only this one in the uk, me cleaning it out befor it goes back

Can I have that white XR2 please ? Smile

A Van

Sounds like the Rolls Royce club have got the right idea..

You spotted that XR2 in that background..It did look nice what we could see anyway..they have serious following Fiestas.. I still cant believe that I sold a MK1 grille today for £31.00 on the Bay, admittedly it was off a Supersport!

Cheers

A Van

Ahhh... didnt see those pictures earlier...

Someone changed the wheels from the show then...., I still think the pepperpots take some beating..

Cheers
Recently joined the XR2 forum. I'm looking for one of them too Mike, I had a lovely MK I in 2001........
Pages: 1 2 3