The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Rock Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

Need a Rock screen, dont mind if its an original or the new stainless type that Grady sells. I have tried everywhere and no-one has one in stock.

Give me a buzz if you have one, needs to be in decent condition.
What is a rock screen??????
Look at the picture of your car in your avatar, see the little black metal screen that stops rocks hitting your radiator......Thats a rock screen.
A windscreen made of rock maybe? LOL.

Nah, I think Alistair is refering to the grille between the front bumber and the bottom spoiler that allows air to pass to the radiator......

Ben
beat me to it!
wasn't there someone selling them in the delorean news in the last quorter in stainless steel with the engine cover slots with dmc stamped out of them without looking i cant remember who it was though someone eles may remember

Tyson
Tyson......

I think the ones you mean look like this.....

[Image: DSCF0036.jpg]

But I would imagine alistair would require them like this......

[Image: 101628.jpg][Image: 101628GS.jpg]

Ben

bozzzydmc

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Nah, I think Alistair is refering to the grille between the front bumber and the bottom spoiler that allows air to pass to the radiator......

Ben

Where is the front bumber ? lol Smile
Good point Mike, no such thing is there? LOL
Hi Alistair,

I had a real run around in December trying to get a rock screen. Everyones out of stock at the moment EXCEPT PJ Grady USA.

Finally tracked one down made of SS and powder coated black.

It arrived in a week, and its superb. Cost $199 USD

Hope this helps you out.

Best Regards
D
ALister

give me a ring mate
Hi Glen

My mobiles on the blink and I dont have access to your number as its saved on the phone not the sim card. Send me a PM with your number or your info and I will get back to you.
Darren C Wrote:Hi Alistair,

I had a real run around in December trying to get a rock screen. Everyones out of stock at the moment EXCEPT PJ Grady USA.

Finally tracked one down made of SS and powder coated black.

It arrived in a week, and its superb. Cost $199 USD

Hope this helps you out.

Best Regards
D

Yeah I tried Grady, seems you got one of the last ones they had, no more stock for atleast a month.... Strange how EVERYONE is out of them.
I thought originaly it was Chris N @ PJ Grady (UK) that originally made them in stainless?

I'm sure they won't be out of stock for too long

James
Chris says they are so busy at the moment they dont have time to make anymore as they are so hard to make.

I bought an original one from DMCH Ebay store tonight, this is after phoning DMCH and asking if they had ANY in stock, I didnt care if it had a few specs of rust or was slightly bent, I just wanted one!! They told me that there was none left and the stainless ones where on back order untill the end of March.

I came across the Ebay store by accident and once I had seen the screen for-sale there I phoned DMCH straight back and asked why they had not told me about the one on Ebay? The girl on the phone told me they didnt even know they had one on Ebay and once they had managed to find it on a shelf they have dispatched it with 2-day fedex.

I will see how much patching up this one needs and then buy the stainless one once they are available again.
Pages: 1 2