The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Doc Brown & his Delorean Time Car Lost In US !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friday December 21, 2007 @ 8 AM. I was at just arriving at USF back lot Studio 24 for a meeting, when all of a sudden the BTTF Delorean Time Car pulls up and parks a few spaces away from me. I watched in total astonishment as my eyes witnessed Doc Brown getting out of the Delorean Time Car. I closed my eyes tight and then re-opened them thinking that maybe I was seeing things but....There was this actor, big as life, dressed as Doc Brown going into Studio 25. I sat there for awhile then realized I was going to be late for my meeting. So I dashed into the building, entered the conference room and sat down next to my friend Tom. I asked Tom. "I thought USF did away with BTTF" . Tom replied.... "WE did, Why"? I told him what I saw. He stated to me that he would explain after the meeting. Well that was the longest and hardest 1 1/2 hour meeting I had ever had to sit though. I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw. My mind wasn't on the meeting at hand but on what could USF be up to with BTTF. I started getting all sorts of ideas and hopes. Finally, when the meeting ended, I met Tom outside and we jumped into one of USF golf carts. As we started out, Tom begins to explain where we are going to first and I cut him off by stating..... "Tom, you have got to tell me why USF still has an actor dressed as Doc Brown and driving a Delorean to studio 25. He laughs and states..." Doc Brown is lost in USF"! I shout out..."WHAT"! Tom says..."I thought you'd like my little pun on Lost In Space". Tom knows I am also a big Lost In Space fan. He then explains to me the following....
As you know we closed down the BTTF ride and replaced it with the Simpson ride scheduled to open in March 2008. USF was going to just auction off the Delorean but instead someone came up with the idea of having Doc Brown driving around the theme park asking people if they have seen Marty and what year this is. Also stopping to take photos with guests. I asked Tom what did USF do with the equiptment from the BTTF ride and he stated that most of it was reused for the Simpson ride. He also stated that USF is considering having a give away contest much like USH did and then auctioning off whatever is left of the BTTF Ride props. Tom did state that having Doc drive around in the Dlorean has been a big success, so USF hasn't decided when to have this contest.

We'll after we concluded our business, I couldn't resist going into the park and looking for Doc Brown driving the Delorean. Well, after about 1/2 hour I found Doc Brown taking pictures in front of the Spider Man ride. I walked up to the Delorean and I am sad to say that it is still in apalling condition. If they are going to give it a way I hope they will fix and clean it up a little first. As Doc Brown completed his picture taking, he jumped into the Delorean and just before closing the Delorean door he made his famous statement of ... The future is yours......make it a good one! See you in the Future. Then he drove away down a small back ally and disappeared through a back lot entrance gate.

I just thought I'd share this and that some of you BTTF fans would get a kick out of what I learned as much as I did.

Bruce F. Coulombe 8)
bfcoulombe.com.
This is such a cool experience!!! Big Grin

P.S. Did you get my PM Bruce?? I tried to send you an email from your website, but it bounces right back saying that the mail box is full... :?