The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Car wanted for Lex records photo shoot. 10/14 December
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, Copy of an e mail sent to me, if any one wants to help please get in touch direct, all you hip young things Big Grin

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well.

I was in touch last year about getting some Delorean cars down for the Lex Records 5th Birthday party which I think went rather well.

As some of you may know, we're releasing an album in February 2008 by a new group called?Neon Neon?- The group is Gruff Rhys from the Super Furry Animals with LA based electronic music producer called Boom Bip.

The album is called Stainless Style and is about the life of John Delorean hence the reason I'm writing...

We're looking to find a Delorean car for a photoshoot with the band in Central / East London on 10th / 14th December.
It's with a top photographer called Klaus Tymann

http://www.thymann.com/index.php#music

The shoots will be in a studio for international press and an exclusive set for?Dazed magazine... I've attached the artwork for the latest single and some press stuff. It's going to be a really big album and get absolutely loads of press / coverage for Delorean cars so would be great to have your support on this project - something that could be very beneficial for everyone :-)

Feel free to give me a shout anytime or pass my details on to anyone who might be interested.

Regards,

William Skeaping
Lex Records Ltd
office: +44 (0)207 482 2800
mobile: +44 (0)7958 911 747
will@lexrecords.com

Chris
This was the first meeting I went to when a few club members went to Lex's Birthday party in Soho last year. I'm not sure if the Lex people even came out to look at the cars, but this could be a great opportunity for publicity, good luck to anybody who is free to show off their car Big Grin

bozzzydmc

Yes im sure others will chime in who actually went back then, but the feedback I got at the time was not 'favourable' to say the least ( Sorry again to all those involved Sad )
£150 per car or no deal TT

bozzzydmc

Tourettes Tony Wrote:£150 per car or no deal TT

see Smile
good for you Big Grin
Whats the deal?

I live in East London so potentially could do this.

Are they a wunch of bankers or something?
no i wouldnt go that far, will is a really nice fella but in all honesty he was a bit busy that night and probably didn't really get time to come out, and he was a bit economic with the truth, especially with the parking arrangements and the free drinks :lol: So william your a very naughty boy, i wont do it but im sure someone will. The night wasn't a too bad in the end' as we went walkabout around soho and done our very early xmas shopping TT
Assh, wish I could do it. Always taking things down south! :roll: