The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Club Merchandise and Regalia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

following on from our discussions at the NEC, Mary has been talking to a number of suppliers to try and get sensible quotes for having things like window stickers, membership cards and tax disc holders made.

She's finally managing to get quotes that dont involve selling kidneys, but we've also been nattering about other items of club merchandise that we could offer, particularly 'pocket money' items.

I've been looking through a catalogue today, and one thing that caught my eye (being female I guess) were jointed teddy bears, with either t-shirts or sashes which could be printed with the club logo/web address/whatever. Would these be of interest? We need to get quotes, but a small (12.5cm) bear with sash would probably work out at about £2 each, and the larger (20cm) bear with printed t-shirt would be about £4 each - however, we'd have to buy a minimum of 500 of the larger bears, which would obviously tie up quite alot of Regalia funds. The smaller bears we can get in quantities of as 'little' as 100.

I've also been looking at 'bugs' - you know, the furry balls with eyes and the long tags that, again, can be printed with Club details. These would probably come in at about 75p each. Another product that I saw and thought would be good were yo-yo's (how retro would that be!? Big Grin ). These again, I'm guessing would come in at about £1.00 each.

If we ordered these items, would people buy them? I also think pens would be worth getting (posh ones and normal biro's). Umbrellas are still being looked into, but we're probably looking at those selling for about £16 each (golf umbrella size).

Mike Hooper has also been speaking to a diecast model shop, and they can supply us with limited numbers of Sunstar 1:18 DeLorean's in standard and (all 4) BTTF versions. We'd need to order a minimum of 6 at a time, which once again will tie up club funds, but if the interest is there, then Mike and Mary can order them in.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated - plus any other ideas that people have for things they think that the club could sell. I'm seeing Dave Howarth this weekend, and will be seeing Mary next week, so if people want to give me some feedback, then I can pass it on next week.

Many thanks,
umm the bugs and stuff im not sure would sell that much, but then again maybe they will, just looking at the website for the place she works at that does them and they seem to be needing at least 500 ordered to get them made. Im guessing theres places where you can get alot less made.

The sunstar models would be good, i really do still need to get some of them oh and a t-shirt (woo hoo christmas coming)

I think umbrellas migth sell purely for those times when your at an event and it suddenly rains, at least you wont get caught out
how about miniature flux capacitors key ring size TT
Tourettes Tony Wrote:how about miniature flux capacitors key ring size TT

thats a good idea TT, you can get those flat 'rubber' ones and it would be fairly easy (I would have thought) to do a simple replica of a FC.

Just had a look at the catalogue, and to have a 'flat soft PVC' keyring, up to 50mm diameter with 4 colours (layered), would come in with a selling price of about £1.25 each - and thats based on buying 500.

The trouble is, with alot of these things, you have to order huge quantities to keep the price down - most of the things I've been looking at are a minimum order of at least 100 for big items like the bears, and 500 for smaller things like pens and keyrings.

What about backpacks/rucksacks or those 'rip wallets' (with the velcro fastening).

Come on people, keep the ideas coming! Smile
i`ll have a teddy bear ahhh and a have a rip wallet too
yeah i`ll have one of them as well may be with a small cell battery in itto make it flash cool idea

Tourettes Tony Wrote:how about miniature flux capacitors key ring size TT

NickT

A mug with the DOC-UK Logo on it Big Grin

NickT
NickT Wrote:A mug with the DOC-UK Logo on it Big Grin

NickT

we are looking into mugs, but it would mean a retail price
of £3-4 as a guesstimate - would people be willing to pay this?

NickT

I would Big Grin
NickT Wrote:I would Big Grin

ok, so thats one... but we would have to order a minimum of 100.... :wink:
I would too. Not sure what the rules are, regarding selling memrobilia on stands at the NEC and the like, but I would imagine most of the aforementioned would be good sellers at events like that. Punters wanting to take away a piece of the action.

Personally, I think key rings, Tax-disc holders especially - general 'car' stuff would be the biggest sellers, but I really like the idea of Umbrellas too.

How about stickers (to stick on our 'normal' cars)

"I'd rather be driving my DeLorean"

all in the DMC font or similar, with the car's silhouette/ picture like on the website or something?
mmmm, not sure about the teddy's lol have enough of them at home at the moment :roll: But the rest I aggree with as you know. yes to Mugs/Brolly's/Pens/models and I think Mary was talking about Lanyards as well.
Chris
lanyards are probably gonna be a no go-er, as we've been looking
at the prices, and they are expensive for what they are, especially
bearing in mind how little use they'd get.

So, you got a thing about teddy bears Chris? :wink: :lol:
With a two year old and a wife mad on eeyore the house is full of them :oops: mind not as bad as standing on a toy car when your going to work at 4am in the dark Shock lol
Chris
well claire have a look on http://www.onestoppromotions.co.uk/default.html and see if some of those are a tad cheaper or not.
Pages: 1 2