The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: the vids on utube...have you seen your car?.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

wanted to ask..could be a daft question but the vids such as the first shipment....is it the vin on the polystyrene? or a shipping number.

is there a manifest of cars and when they went?

sad to see this one...like a timewarp back to 81...i was 13.

sad to see this and the work and enthusiasm jzd put in to be knocked back
by the idots in power etc.

at the NEC i overheard someone walk past talking ...tax payers money!.

yes he gave the workers jobs and hope..just annoys me when some people are quick to critisise those who strive forward. same also for people like Clive Sinclair again a brilliant man (saw him at olympia in the 80's) he was right (electric) just too far ahead for some

JZD did achieve success, and i am proud to own one of his cars.
Steve Hi

Did you come to speck to me at the NEC?

Yes, that's the vin number on the Polystyrene. and yes there was a computer print out of all the cars that were shipped. But i do not know where they are.

I Heard a few remarks myself, pity they did not have time to stop for a few minutes to find out more.

you are right about sir Clive a man a head of his time.
OOOOOH I hate people how say stuff like that about the delorean
Think about this way

if the company had not have gone the way it did then i recon on every driveway now everyone would have had a delorean parked there in stead of poxy fords everywere

there would have been all different shapes and colours i recon of deloreans sitting in peoples drive or out on the roads instead of over cars
They do seem to have been built with longevity in mind, it is a pity the company didnt last longer, I still cant figure why the government didnt take over the plant when they realised there was "dodgy dealings" going on, the vehicle concept was very sound, but it was run by a few greedy people,
from what ive found the costs of trying to recover the money equaled the amount of money recovered,
pointless :?
I wonder , if the company had continued what engine it would be using now, and wouldnt it have been great if someone like Cosworth had got their mits on the engine,
8) Deloreen = sierra cosworth eater Big Grin
a cosworth engine thats so old school now days

na
it could do with one of those large yank v 8 in it that would sound swweeetttt

blub blub blub blub blub blub
hm nice
But a Delorean is old school :? I meant back in the days of the scarey sierra cosy 500, poke one of those 16valve multipoint injected fat boy turbo wuff wuff's in a light weight De Lorean. Then you would see fire trails,,,,not to mention melted tyres Tongue
Big fat yank v8's are to juicy for the UK. its ok for the US
they have oil flowing out of their ears. Tongue
or maybe this in a delorean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqtJpfZElQ
104mph in 11 seconds 8)
okay very fast very quick but no noise to it
you need to be heard and seen not sounding like a wet fart

but great stuff
I thought no sound would make it seem really weird, but if you need sound try this Tongue
http://www.vroombox.com/vroombox/
thats a great idea what a brill thing

imagine having that in your litttle mini and blairing out as a cossy what a laugh

i liked the box that plays different sirens and wierd animal noises but thats great an engine noise box

what ever next
I just might get one of those, cheaper than a new exhaust, and with my 1500 watt amp. youd here me a mile away.. 8)
makes it neighbour friendly too. just switch it off when you near your street,
unless you hate them Tongue
yeah seems resonable as you say it is vheaper then a nice exhaust why exhausts got to be so expensive i dont know

its not as if its japanese plastic now that is expensive