The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Beware - Fireworks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

Common sense really - but if it's possible, now is a good time to get your cars indoors or under cover.

We've already had one request for bodywork repair after a DeLorean was damaged by a firework. I assume it was a burnt out one falling to earth rather than one aimed at a car (I should have asked).

We appreciate the work - but it's probably best to take caution and cover them over or move them indoors if you can.

Regards

Darren
good point Darren.

We had a few near misses at the Sunbeam Rapier OC National Rally (of all places!) back in July.

We had a joint weekend with the Sunbeam Alpine Club, and on the Saturday night, whist most of us were in our tents & caravans trying to get some shut-eye, the Alpine boys decided to start letting fireworks off at around midnight - and not just little ones, but the big 'air bombs' and the like. This carried on until about 2am :evil: They decided to use the metal posts that had been put in place to section off the different cars to launch the fireworks :evil:

We woke up the next morning to find the whole event field strewn with fireworks - some were very close to the cars and tents, and one had actually gone into the main 'marquee' thing too! I believe 'words were said' at the AGM later that morning.....

Anyway, unless Chris and Darren are into letting off fireworks in their premises, Flopsy should be ok this year ! Guys? :wink:
Errr....no fireworks in our premises, but it wouldn't matter much to Flopsy - there's not much left to hit!

Flopsy looks like the worlds largest Meccano kit ever...

Darren
Ahhh, don't you just love those kids! :roll: NOT! :evil:

We had a good half a dozen black scorch marks down our driveway and in our back garden this morning, probably caused by fireworks or firecrackers! :evil:

If doesn't bare thinking about if my baby had been sitting there last night! Cry

Luckily though, she's in the best possible place where I know she'll be tucked up safe and sound.

Right Darren? :wink:
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Errr....no fireworks in our premises, but it wouldn't matter much to Flopsy - there's not much left to hit!
Flopsy looks like the worlds largest Meccano kit ever...
Darren
oh heck! Shock I knew she was bad, but not that bad!! lol :lol:
WWHHHHHAAAATTTTT

NO Fireworks ya must be joking ive just managed to get hold of 1200 worth of fireworks for FREE and im bloody well going to let them of

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUY FAWLKS

mind you i got the room to let off the fireworks and aim rockets the other way from delorean
hhheehjeheheheheheheeeheheehheheeh