The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: ISP 's Recommendations ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bozzzydmc

Hi All

After being with BT for the best part of 3 years for my phone and broadband I have had enough! .. seems to be one problem after another with them Smile Smile

Im looking for a new broadband and phone package and i see line rental is included with some of them now too. Problem is the more i look into peoples views on the various providers the more im beginning to think thery are all as bad as each other! ....or is it that people only write about things when they have a problem Smile

So ....has anyone had any good experiences with any of them? Smile

I see Tiscali, Plusnet and Orange to what looks to be a competitive package....
fast.co.uk seems to get good ratings. madasafish.com has also been recommended to me.

If you live in a place where it's available, get cable (Virgin) rather than ADSL, it's tons better.
we've just signed up with BE internet - fantastic service, will report on how it goes in due course Smile
I am with Virgin 20MB Broadband + telephone, working fine so far! (But don't expect it will reach 20MB at all..... probably 10-15MB at max for real!)
Hi mike.... Ive just signed up with tiscali, and this is the deal.......
Broadband 8MB unlimited with free wireless router
Telephone line rental is also included, so you can say goodbye to BT
Calls are free on weekends
Tiscali TV, a replacement/alternative to the more expensive "Sky", just pay the initial set up fee of £30 and the channels are included in the price of your broadband.
All this for £24.99 per month.

You pay £10 per month to BT anyway for your line rental, with NO free calls except 0800 numbers.
You will find it hard to find find any 8MB broadband package for less than £15 per month with a free wireless router and unlimited use.
And that means you get your 60 TV channels for free.
It's worth a look Mike.

And they were on the ball 100%, even though you do go through to foreign call centres, they are polite and they can rectify your problems over the phone.... if you have any of course.

Simpler to set up than AOL, as i've had past experience with them

Here's the link

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tv/8m ... E&srccode=

There are also cheaper packages which work in a similar way.

Hope this helps

Ben
ive used orange for 3 years now, only had minor problems. Id recommend them. But you gotta watch those download limits, I got a warning from them once because Id used 17Gb in 1 month. I think it was the kids downloading games, but after that they didnt give me any more hassle. Smile
I forgot to mention ALL your phone calls are free, anytime any where, Ive phoned the States a lot latley. no charge, even cell phones in the USA. no charge,
I bet you get more confused as more people give you advice,
ITS A MINEFIELD :wink:
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Hi mike.... Ive just signed up with tiscali, and this is the deal.......
Broadband 8MB unlimited Ben

we've just left Tiscali's 8mb broadband. It worked ok, but they 'strangle' the network during the day so that it slows down any downloads. They then release it around midnight. I found it very frustrating when trying to download from P2P sites :evil:

We also checked for complaints against ISP's, and the top 2 for complaints were Tiscali and Virgin - and there was nothing but praise from BE customers. Watch this space! Big Grin We ordered the Broadband on Friday online, have been kept up to date by text message all the way through, and the broadband was activated yesterday - just 4 working days - Tiscali said it would take 12-14 days to transfer our existing broadband to the new house...... :roll:

bozzzydmc

Cheers for the replies guys ...

Thats just the trouble the more I look into it, the more you see them #all# getting slagged off Smile

There are some right horror stories on some of these forums ....