The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: mercedes gear box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
can anyone tell me where i top up the gear box fluid for a w210 e 300 merc for my auto box , i can`t find it any where, i think i`m getting short on fluid ,as when i put it in reverse today it did`t want to bloody move, anybody know
:?
Sorry that I couldn't help, but maybe it's worth getting a Haynes Manual for it?
ASK CLAIRE

SHE WORKS FOR MERC Big Grin
Not sure if I searched for things correctly, but here is what I come up with as a How To Guide:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23963
tracey steele Wrote:hi
can anyone tell me where i top up the gear box fluid for a w210 e 300 merc for my auto box , i can`t find it any where, i think i`m getting short on fluid ,as when i put it in reverse today it did`t want to bloody move, anybody know

ayup Tracey, I'll ask the guys in the workshop tomorrow and let you know Smile
thats great clare thanks lovey :wink:

Claire Usher Wrote:
tracey steele Wrote:hi

ayup Tracey, I'll ask the guys in the workshop tomorrow and let you know Smile
thanks for the help but still can`t get my head around where i need to put the fluid tho, i know how it comes out just need to now where to put it in
thanks for trying :wink:

Outatime Wrote:Not sure if I searched for things correctly, but here is what I come up with as a How To Guide:

tracey steele Wrote:thanks for the help but still can`t get my head around where i need to put the fluid tho, i know how it comes out just need to now where to put it in
thanks for trying :wink:

Outatime Wrote:Not sure if I searched for things correctly, but here is what I come up with as a How To Guide:

Tracey, as a thought, PM me your vin number (will start WDB210.....) as that will enable me to give you an accurate answer.

Seeya soon,
Hi Tracey,

cheers for the Vin Number, I'll go and speak to Service after lunch and let you know the outcome Smile

If you want, I can also send you the 'birth certificate' for your car from when it was first built, plus also all the Service data from the MB System Smile

catcha later,
cool that will be great claire your a star :wink:

Claire Usher Wrote:Hi Tracey,

cheers for the Vin Number, I'll go and speak to Service after lunch and let you know the outcome Smile

If you want, I can also send you the 'birth certificate' for your car from when it was first built, plus also all the Service data from the MB System Smile

catcha later,
Hiya Tracey,

ok, this is what the MB Technician said when I showed him your email and the data sheet on your car:

"The filler is at the back of the engine on the driver's side. It has a sealed top and no dipstick. It needs to be done at a Mercedes Benz Authorised Repairer or Mercedes Benz Main Dealer" (sounds like one of those "special tools" jobs.

If your ever over Derby way, then I can see when they can do it/how long it takes/how much it will cost, or you can book it in locally.

PM me your address and I'll send you all the gubbins on your car from the Mercedes Benz Dealer Network system too Smile

Seeya soon,
thanks claire i`ve sent you a pm :wink:

Claire Usher Wrote:Hiya Tracey,

ok, this is what the MB Technician said when I showed him your email and the data sheet on your car:

"The filler is at the back of the engine on the driver's side. It has a sealed top and no dipstick. It needs to be done at a Mercedes Benz Authorised Repairer or Mercedes Benz Main Dealer" (sounds like one of those "special tools" jobs.

If your ever over Derby way, then I can see when they can do it/how long it takes/how much it will cost, or you can book it in locally.

PM me your address and I'll send you all the gubbins on your car from the Mercedes Benz Dealer Network system too Smile

Seeya soon,