Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying noise, PLEASE READ
Hi all,

Hope all is well with everyone.

Just a question. When the car is run from cold (tested in a straight line) it makes a metallic noise from the rear. Sounding like something is catching an isolated part of the brake disc, HOWEVER when you brake it doesn't go away, it only when you put your foot on the accelerator that it goes, as if the car has to be under load.

THEN, say after 20mins of driving the noise completely goes away.

Now I know it should be the calipers or handbrake, as all done and defo coming from the rear.

ANy suggestions welcome.....

Many thanks, see you in the future
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Could it be the two bearings running between the AC belt? As this sounds more likely to me....

Try to run the engine idle in the same condition (cold start) and listen for the noise. rev the car from the engine bay (twist the metal thing that the throttle cable attachs to) and see if it's the bearings.
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
I had a similar noise for a while, it's probably not it, as you have checked the brakes, But on my car not long after I got it one of the forked springs that holds the handbrake pads apart had bust and was allowing the handbrake pad to rub against the disc when it felt like it, did'nt make any difference when braking or not as these ones are not used, just a thought!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584