Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust leaks on the left bank!
Hi all

My dad and i have been working on the beast all day and have fixed every job on the MOT faliure list

EXCEPT for the exhaust leak!

We checked it with a stephascope (sp?) and it is blowing like crazy on the left bank -

I guess we will need gaskets? and to remove the exhaust? - any advice on this procedure would be appreciated - i think its a big job - !

many thanks

Craig
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/exhaustgasket.html
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
That is awesome - thanks Martin
Hi everyone - time for a bit of an update!

My dad and i have been on the car all morning.

as you can see we got off the Manifold and cat. We did not snap any studs (a couple came out with the nuts so no problem there).

[Image: DSCF2609.jpg]/

I sprayed/soaked it every day with liquid wrench and duck oil for 10 days and this did the job.

We got it all off without releasing the crossover pipe...it was tricky but is possible!

I am now setting about cleaning the engine and then as soon as my DMC ltd cat bypass arrives (i have a late vin so cannot use the club cat bypass) i will be ready to start putting it back together!

The car should then fly through the MOT and i can once more unleash the beast on the roads of devon!! Tongue

Take Care

Craig
you are so lucky you didn't break any studs Shock

good old wd40 - what would we do without it?

great stuff 8)

NickT.
UPDATE

Hi All - Been workin on the car with my dad! (Mechanical guru)

Manifold skimmed, new gasket and back on - and new cat bypass from DMUK - perfect fit Smile

[Image: DSCF2697.jpg]

And a very nice new extended heat shield from special t auto (Note how clean it is compared to the earlier pick)

[Image: DSCF2701.jpg]

And hear is a pic of it with the muffler on ticking over!!! - The engine is sounding better than it ever has Smile

[Image: DSCF2706.jpg]

Thanks to club member mike machin who came down last week and helped me clean up the engine bay and chassis - Looking sweet i am sure you will agree!!

Anyway all i have to do now is stick on the trim - hook up the lights and then try the MOT again - Third time lucky!

Take Care

Craig