Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Service from AON & Royal Sun Allliance
Dear All,

I would just like to say what excellent service I have just had from AON/Royal Sun Alliance.

Flopsy was hit by another driver (not my fault) the day before I went into hospital, Sad so when I came home 2 days later, I phoned AON, who were very helpful on the phone and sent a claim form out straight away.

I also phoned Chris at PJ Grady and emailed them photos of the damage, and him and Darren were straight on the case to sort out an estimate which was emailed the same day.

I got a phone call this Monday from an assessor from Royal Sun Alliance who has been today and inspected the damage and has agreed the quote for the repairs - this is all within 2 weeks of the accident happening.

All myself and Grady's need to do is wait for the confirmation letter, which should be through next week, and Flopsy will be on her way down to Essex to be sorted out! Smile

I'd like to thank the staff at AON and Royal Sun Alliance for their prompt and helpful service, and Darren and Chris at PJ Grady for their quick response and professional attitude to everything. Big Grin

Thanks,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That is good news Claire, pleased its getting sorted out without any more hassle.

Its good to know ... Im with Aon too....
i am as well , well to oct 6th anyway, them im gonna give it a well deserved rest till new year, i was gonna try and get insurance down but is it worth it for a few quid with service like that TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I've been with AON for a few years now, and they've always been great.

They've even waived my insurance excess (£100) as well! Big Grin

I just cant wait now to get her down to Grady's so that Chris can work his magic on her Smile (and have a good nosey round P20 too :wink: )
Hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Good news that it is being sorted out quickly.

NickT
Damage was passenger side front wing, including side repeater (moshed the bulb holder too), side stripe and the front spoiler.

I'll post up some 'before and after' piccies when the work has been done.

Thanks,
Claire Usher Wrote:Damage was passenger side front wing, including side repeater (moshed the bulb holder too), side stripe and the front spoiler.

I'll post up some 'before and after' piccies when the work has been done.

Thanks,

Oh Dear Sad

Well maybe Chris could see his way to sort some other little bits that bother you at the same time. Its in good hands at the end of the day.
Just heard back from Darren, they've had the go ahead faxed to them today from Royal Sun Alliance, so tomorrow we're taking the ole Flopmeister down t'Essex to get her fixed up. Big Grin

And to think it was only 2 weeks ago today that I rang AON to report the accident, and the assessors came out yesterday.... fantastic service Smile
I should have known, from past experience, that driving Flopsy to Essex wouldnt be without incident.

The last time I drove her to Essex, a coolant hose blew on the M1 - well this time I didnt even make it to the next village before she conked out on me.

However, I rang the RAC, who sent a patrol out, and quickly found that the king lead was loose on the dizzy. As soon as it was reconnected, she burst into life and we made our way down to PJ Grady's new facility, albeit later then originally planned.

We met Darren and Tourettes down there and had a very welcome cuppa and a nosey round the new place - very impressive - and I loved looking round Pilot 20 and the bits that had been removed from it. A very interesting car and I cant wait to see her re-assembled and back to her former glory at the NEC in 6 weeks time Smile I was also very impressed with the lengths that Darren and Chris have gone to to make sure that all cars in their care are protected - from the sprinkler system, through to the alarm system that is linked to the Police, and also Darren showed me their Public Liablity and Motor Insurance policies too.

So, I've left dear old Flopsy with them, confident that she is in very safe hands - I'll be picking her up in November some time (I'm in no rush, what with the house move and everything) - and cant wait to see Flopsy finally go from being an 'ugly duckling' all these years to a 'beautiful swan' at last Smile (Phill said that I'll probably burst into tears when I see her all blinged up at last :lol: )
it was good to see darren you and phil, or should i say vegi-oil phil :wink:
you know your gonna cry claire, but lucky for us in the uk we have a master, mr nicholson TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
lol, yeah good to catch up with you as well matey Smile

when we return to Essex, I'll make sure that I bring plenty of hankies and put the waterproof mascara on! lol

And Darren, you make a bloody good cup of tea too! Big Grin
sounds cool, wont be long before im heading down there, unfortunatly not to pick up a d thoSad but still will be a good day out Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
lol, well, you never know, Flopsy might be ready for collection around then Smile
Smile anyways you moving far away from where u are atm?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
err....... about 15 miles, back over to Amber Valley area of Derbyshire, where the houses are bigger, cheaper, have 30 car driveways (+ double garage) and cost less to run Big Grin

Gonna be between Alfreton and Heanor, not far from the A610 and M1 J26.

Hey, and I'm gonna keep some chickens too!

Well, whats the point in having chicken coop's and not using them! Big Grin