Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Service from AON & Royal Sun Allliance
I take it when you use the loo at the new gradys you dont get covered in that sort of grey garage dust off a carnage of bonnets and doors near the toilet door????lol. When we went down to pick up hana we were standing in there workshop for about 15 min before we realised that chris was standing next to us.It was only when he snieezed and the dust fell off him that we realised he was there

only joking boys

it was nearly 25mins

no i am really joking the new place looks great

cheers tyson
Just a daft question, how is the repair being done around your wide side stripe, or does it have to come off Sad ?
Claire Usher Wrote:
Tourettes Tony Wrote:yes claire i was banned from seeing mine, probably cos i would have held chris up, i would love to see your face when you see her, i for one was speechless when chris showed me mine, oooh it was lovely and still is after 2 years Big Grin TT

Well, when I get a "come and get her!" date from Darren and Chris, I'll let you know and you can come over too Smile You were there when we dropped her off afterall Smile

well i popped down today claire as i was working near pj's i said to chris i want to see your face when you pick her up, chris was workng on pilot 20 and i just have to say i wish i had his talent, he really has got it Smile
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
OMG, did you see my naked Flopsy? :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Bozzy - part of the insurance repair plus the additional work that is being done is a complete new set of side stripes, as the old ones have got to come off. The one on the pass side front wing was damaged in the accident.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hey thats good news ! ....did you manage to get a set of side stripes from the US or did you leave that to PJGrady ?

Bet you cant wait to get flopsy back now... i wonder if you will reconise the old girl Wink !
bozzzydmc Wrote:Hey thats good news ! ....did you manage to get a set of side stripes from the US or did you leave that to PJGrady ?

Bet you cant wait to get flopsy back now... i wonder if you will reconise the old girl Wink !
Darren had already ordered them when I took Flopsy down there, not sure if they are coming via James RG or Rob Grady though, forgot to ask :roll:
Its gonna be weird seeing a cosmetically perfect car - Flopsy had already had a hard life before I bought her, and I was always very conscious of all the little dents and scratches round the car, plus the drivers side wing, which had been hit so hard in the States it had actually split it.

I think for once in my life, when I see my resurrected baby again, I am gonna be totally speechless (and probably cry alot Cry )
Also, apart from the stripes how will you be able to spot it amongst other DeLoreans Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris decided to re-grain it the wrong way so it is a one off :lol: only joking by the way :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Chris Hawes Wrote:Also, apart from the stripes how will you be able to spot it amongst other DeLoreans Big Grin

I could take a hammer to it........... Shock only kidding :wink:

She's still got her tinted back windows and shiny grey wheels - I'll still be able to spot her in a flock of gullwings Big Grin
Yes it is true.....Once your car is regrained you will try and open the door on the wrong car .....

Naming no names here but it was funny to see ..... :lol: :lol:
Claire Usher Wrote:
Chris Hawes Wrote:Also, apart from the stripes how will you be able to spot it amongst other DeLoreans Big Grin

- I'll still be able to spot her in a flock of gullwings

or a flock of seagulls :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
well guys and gals, I've heard from the great man himself, and Flopsy
is nearly finished........ Big Grin

Finger's crossed, I should be picking her up around 26th January.

Cant wait! Big Grin
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes it is true.....Once your car is regrained you will try and open the door on the wrong car .....

Naming no names here but it was funny to see ..... :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you are talking about Mike Shock

NickT