Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean in Cornwall ( Redruth) BTTF
OT: Glen, did you get my PM? I want to order a flux capacitor from you if you are producing them!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
the first ten will be on sale at the nec
Glen & Sam Wrote:the first ten will be on sale at the nec

Can i place a reserve deposit or some sort? How much are you looking for BTW? (does it runs on car batt or standard AA batteries/9v batteries?)

Looks like I can't attend NEC due to the current status of my leg.... Cry
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
HAS ANY BODY VISITED THE CARS THE STAR PLACE IN KENDAL (LAKE DISTRICT) SOMEWERE

IF YA HAVE..... WHAT IS THAT GUYS PROBLEM ON THE DOOR WHAT AN ATTITUDE HE HAS GOT

AND WELL NO PHOTOS HE RECONS IT BRAKES COPYRIGHTS WHAT A DIV

IN FACT THE CARS HE HAS IN THAT PLACE ARE CRAP

THERE IS SUSPOSE TO BE THE DELOREAN FROM THE FILM IN THERE AND THE KITT CAR FROM KNIGHT RIDER THERE BUT FROM WHAT I SAW THEY WERE MASSIVE FAKES AND A TEAM VAN AND APPARATLY AN APPERITION OF THE ECTO 1 CAR FROM GHOSTBUSTERS
YEAH RIGHT MORE LIKE A EMPTY BIG HOLE LIKE THE REST OF THE PLACE

IF ANY ONE IS GOING TO LAKE DISTRICT
DONT BOTHER WITH THE CARS THE STARS PLACE WHAT A WAIST OF TIME

THAT GUY WANTS LOCKING UP HIM SELF FOR COPYRIGHT
I went there a few years ago, I remember stuff like Emma Peel's Lotus Elan from the Avengers, and some other obscure stuff.

He didnt have a DeLorean there though when I went, but it was probably about 10 years ago.

Its got a few interesting cars and bits, but I did expect a bit more to be honest, and did leave feeling abit disappointed.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Its like a few people I have spoken to with with replica cars, they kind of 'insinuate' at times that its the actual thing and to Joe Public they know no better.

Whereas this is the real deal>>>
[Image: DSC01686DesktopResolution.jpg]
Glen & Sam Wrote:the first ten will be on sale at the nec

Thats cool Glen, I look forward to seeing them 'fly off the shelf'!

Be good to get a picture of them all together, has to be a world record for the biggest number of flux's in the same spot.
i've just seen it. Well on Saturday anyway. The woman there says the owner is the guy who owns the Cornish Gold place. She says he paid 250k for it 2 years ago. It is still a runner and it is a film car. I don't think so myself. There are a few inconsistancies. The flux capacitor is done with rope lights, the lever of the time circuit thing on the center consol behind the gear stick is missing and wasn't it an automatic they used. It's very dirty inside on the carpets and it's balanced on a very bad angle for the windscreen. It just don't seem right to me. If it was agenuine film car that you had just paid 250 thousand for, you wouldn't be showing it like that. I think its a good copy. But why don't they say its a copy. Theres no shame in that. It's a nice car and the chassis looks ok. Needs a bit of tarting up but to me its just a 14k car with the BTTF kit on it. Unless anyone can find out from the vin plate what it's history is.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
i,m on the case for you dan my boy :lol:
It had the control when I saw it, this was in 2004 though. Im in two minds about it being from the film, Such a good copy but then theres simple flaws like the bonnet being an flat :?

Heres some pics from when I saw it in Jersey anyway..

[Image: raaq8l.jpg]

[Image: r0yzxh.jpg]

[Image: favr41.jpg]

[Image: ra48ap.jpg]

[Image: 2n83p75.jpg]

[Image: s4752q.jpg]

[Image: j7xdgz.jpg]

And a small video off the camera

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=14uxeok&s=2

Cheers
Dan Howarth Wrote:i've just seen it. Well on Saturday anyway. The woman there says the owner is the guy who owns the Cornish Gold place. She says he paid 250k for it 2 years ago. It is still a runner and it is a film car. I don't think so myself. There are a few inconsistancies. The flux capacitor is done with rope lights, the lever of the time circuit thing on the center consol behind the gear stick is missing and wasn't it an automatic they used. It's very dirty inside on the carpets and it's balanced on a very bad angle for the windscreen. It just don't seem right to me. If it was agenuine film car that you had just paid 250 thousand for, you wouldn't be showing it like that. I think its a good copy. But why don't they say its a copy. Theres no shame in that. It's a nice car and the chassis looks ok. Needs a bit of tarting up but to me its just a 14k car with the BTTF kit on it. Unless anyone can find out from the vin plate what it's history is.

Oh so its an auto as well!!

I dont know why people try and pass stuff off like this .... 250K !!! ... what a dreamer.

Time to get into BTTF car production at that price Smile
Are we still talking about the D at the goldsmiths?

Quote:Oh so its an auto as well!!

The pics at the start of the post show its a manual. And you can just about make out a manual stick in that video I just posted.

Tis all getting very confusing this Tongue

EDIT: Looking back, theres a manual stick but auto padals?! I dont have any other photos from when I saw it to get a better look but I guess that settles it being a fake. :!:
I did have a list of vin numbers for all the cars used in the films, i will try and dig it out !
I think Ken Koncelick is the person to speak to about DeLorean vins over in the USA - he's got an exhaustive list of cars and their worldwide locations, and *should* know about the whereabouts of the cars used in the films, including promotional work and static displays.

Mebbe this one is an auto, but its fitted with a manual type gearstick to give the impression its a manual? I'm not totally clued up on the films tbh, as they arn't the reason behind me having my car. :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
This isnt one of the film cars at all.

Its nothing more than a replica, this is a post I dug out from one of the US mailing lists..., by looking for the vin number 10680...sadly he has taken his website down now..probably as a result of selling the car to whoever owns it now!!

I am at home in Cornwall for Christmas, might just pop down to Redruth see if they regale me with stories of £250k etc...!

Here's the post:

Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:31:50 -0000
Subject: 10680 in its BTTF Converted Glory...

Good afternoon my friends...

I finally was able to get the structure of my website completed
today and thought you all my like to have a look...

http://members.cox.net/bk2dftr/home

It is still very much a work in progress at this point. Still plenty
to add in the Replica Construction, Gallery, and Links pages...

Please feel free to e-mail or post with comments..

Thanks for your time,
Gary Weaver II
Tulsa, OK