Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head light removal
Hi all could anyone tell me if there is a trick in getting off a head light as mine has some water in it and i need to get it off to get the water out . I can get the screws out on the side of the lens but i cant get to the screws on the top as the nose cone is just covering them and i dont want to force it as i might damage the plastic.CAN ANYONE HELP?

Thanks a lot
Tyson (hana 5284)
No worries ....the fascia will flex up enough to get to the screw ...
Are you sure mike because there dont look like much room for flex just frightend i will crack it but i am quite new at this delorean repairing lark.

Cheers
Tyson(hana 5284)
Well im as sure as ive just been out and flexed my facia by 1/2" upwards over the headlight Smile
Sure the fascia is flexible enough to be moved a bit to allow access to the screws,
Cheers mike i will do that tomorrow
thanks again

Tyson (hana 5284)
hi

after a few months of ownership you will be very experienced at repairing!.

yes they come out fairly easy, i assume you have removed the H plastic finisher?.

the buckets stay in, along with the adjust screws.

mine were totally shot so had to change everything buckets etc.

to do this fascia has to come off. to do this bonnet has to come off!. and spoiler and washer bottle cover and rock screen!.

there should be a rubber boot at the rear of the light (assuming not sealed) that you may need to re-seal)

if not done may be worth adding eyebrow fixing steels

Regards

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
[Image: 350.gif]

Good points Steve,

Its item 11 the S/Steel headlamp surround that retains the headlamp, this along with the T piece item 9 are the bits that need to be removed.
Cheers chaps the diagram is very usefull and the advice is great this is really the best forum in the world and if i were not a paying member of this club i would join to to get this usefull information on demand its priceless .sorry sould have posted that comment on the forum topic
But cheers again

Tyson (hana 5284)
No worries Tyson and thanks for the nice comments.

The club is not out to make a profit, just 'pay its way' and try to hold bigger and better events such as the NEC and EuroTec.

Without the people who choose to join and continue to pay the membership none of this will happen.

When you consider the 4 magazines , membership card and car stickers, this forum / website / Tech Help and the 2 main events we hold ( both of which are open to anyone club members or not) It is very good value for money. Hence the need for a discussion on the clubs future direction.

Oh and im sending out another 30 subs reminders today, even that is starting to cost a lot Sad
Hi all i tryed to bend the plastic up like mike said however because it is an outside light i can get to one screw (just) that is on top of the lens nearest the grill but the one on the out side is still imposible to get to no flex on the plastic at all.I really do think i have to take off the nose cone....any surgestions???????

Thanks alot
Tyson and (hana 5284)
if i.m right in saying this if your trying to take the lip out above the light use a heat gun like i did with the bttf car when the first fronts was on it warm it up slowley then put somethink heavy on it but remeber to put somethink behind it to hold its palce

( i hope this helps if it the right subject :? )
Thanks glen or sam i am actually trying to get out the whole outside headlamp lens because it has water in it .It has screws all the way round the lens i can get to nealy all the screws apart from the top two screws .With mikes suggestion i can flex the plastic bumper up but i can still not quite get to the last screw i dont think i can heat it up as it may warp the plastic and when it cools down it may stay like it.But thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks alot

Tyson and (hana5284)
it glen ( sam the other half :lol: ) as dell boy said

no problems i thought it would not be the right info you needed i see what you are doing know but i tried :lol:
hi

definately don't heat it...you will get permanent distortion (and have to heat to get back).

if its the one i remember, put some soft antiscratch tape on the shaft of the screwdriver ie a few windings of masking.

then angle the screwdriver to locate in the screw and use this point as a pivot untill you can push the shaft over. the screw driver may not be straight, put may be ok to under that phillips screw.

also not sure if this fits but many tools stockists have 90 degree phillips screw drivers, and also buy some cheaper ones for £3 or £4 and bend then to the shape you require.

hope this helps

regards

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Cheers steve that is some think i hadnt tought of doing great tip thanks

Tyson and (hana 5284)