Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance for younger drivers
Hi Dan, i have an 82, black interior 5 speed manual. If you wanna look PM me and i'll pass on some details.
Kelvin Tan
I got my Knight rider car Pontiac firebird 82 and my Delorean with MCE 600 notes for the two cars NOT EACH

i didnt think thats two bad considering i was origianlly going to buy just one motor at the time and that was a peugot 207 gti but insurance was well over 900 quids so for two more expensive and probly quicker in a strait line
not bad insuring two cars for 600 instead of one car it really doesnt make any sense

ps both cars are fully comp
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
I wish I could get insured that cheaply! I'll just have to put up with it till I'm 25 :?
VIN: 6511
I'm buying a Delorean on Sunday and was surprised how cheap the insurance is on one.

It's £500 cheaper than insuring my Punto!
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
I think the funniest quote I got was for £2500 !! Where do they get these prices from!
i know its a crazzy world if any ones interested about insurance heres a good tip

if with or without a delorean good luck on bying one by the way hehhehee

dont go to ESURE THERE CRAP

and what a load of agro
my dad tryed insuring his normal car jag what a load of rubbish it took them nearly a month just to have a row about how has the last documents to the no claims bonus they just dont do there job proply

and before any one starts

i know

Calm down dear............
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
I'm with elephant at the moment, but they won't do a D, so when I re-new in January I will be going to Adrian Flux because they are excellent price and will do deloreans so when I get one I can swap it over Smile
yeah i was with them there a good company highly recomended

it is a prob being a bit young having motors they should change it all about how it works
they should only give high insurace to bad drivers or idiots who tear up the car parks they dont do any one any favours at all

my first car i had when i was 20 i had a mini thta was great but still at 500 to insure then

but bloody good fun old mini s rock i guess thats why i got a delorean in the end the way they drive are are good no power steering to worry about and handle well
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
A mate of mine has an old mini. Only a 1 litre so its not too quick but cains anything round bends!
We recently went to billing aquadrome for the american auto club autum nationals or all clubs rally as its called and there was a nutter with a mini there and he had put gullwing doors on it mad i know it did look good though
i think it was all fibre glass

good stuff though

mini s are great i sold my cooper sports 500 one of the last ones with the silver roof and all the leather interior in it for my delorean and kitt

bein a bit grown up now the mini had to go sadly i do miss it
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
tc ozzie Wrote:my first car i had when i was 20 i had a mini thta was great but still at 500 to insure then

but bloody good fun old mini s rock i guess thats why i got a delorean in the end the way they drive are are good no power steering to worry about and handle well

ah, happy memories, in 1988, my first car when I was 17 was a 1978 S-reg Mini 850, which soon had the 998cc A series lump put in it. Brilliant little car (albeit rotten as a pear), but it was so chuckable round country lanes and roundabouts. That got replaced by a 1979 T-reg Mini 1000, which was subsequently written off by a Fraud Fiesta Sad My first Mini was £200 to buy, and £225 to insure - 3PF&T with my Dad as named driver - plus the road tax was about £55 for 6mths back then, and to fill it up with 2 Star petrol was £10. Ah, happy days.... Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
yeah miss the old mini trouble is there ok if your on your own wich sadly i stil am say no more about that

and ah yes the rust ah tha all brings back memories too
you would get down the mot and everything would pass exept for the rust
i must have had a new car every time it needed welding that new one i had on the y plate the mini cooper sport 500 that started rusting in places alrerady its such a shame but there we go we all grow up and end up with other stuff i would love to get another one but keep it rapped up in some sort of water and air tight bag and a blanket

probly to sentimental or mental one of the two
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
well i had a plastic pig, cos i broke crushed a few vertibray in a motorcycle accident, but i have to admit being dry was a novelty :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
ah my parents have had a harley but they got new triumph now
my mum was knocked off her bike a long while ago by another biker she got no use off her arm now but its funny (i shouldnt laugh really) watching her get in and out of the delorean when i have to take her to the shops
hheheheheeheheheeheheheheh
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
Mmmm, in 1992 I was handed down a MK 5 Ford Cortina 2.0 GL 5 door saloon, and compared to my first car which was a 950 Ford Fiesta MK 1, it seemed like a rocket. The Cortina cost me £500 to insure Third party only, and seemed to drink fuel like nobody's business. My job paid £2.00 an hour, yes thats £80 per week, as there was no minimum wage back then...... So £500 seemed a fortune, even in installments.

But that was noting, I got through no end of engine mounts in the fiesta, not to mention a knackered clutch and a blown head gasket in a few months.......

The Cortina suffered similar, in the way of propshafts and stub axles.....

Do you think I had a fetish with Wheelspinning?

I almost got 10 points on my licence within 3 months of having it, let that be a guide.

Just as well I've learned from my mistakes

I've got the car's after care sorted, I've just got to figure out how to keep a woman running nice now..... All ladies in the DOC aside now mind! LOL

Ben