Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Driving Experiences
All,

I'm pulling together some material for the forthcoming 'Future Owners' tech session - and I just need some quotes from owners about what the cars are like to drive.

The best I have so far is "like a double bed on top of a shopping trolley" (you know who you are!)

Any other quotes would be appreciated!

Thanks

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
People stare at you more in your Delorean than they would if you walked down the street naked.

Not really a driving experience but I like it all the same...Big Grin
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
goes round corners like a go cart on speed. Sticks to the road like 541t to a blanket.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
Pilot25dmc Wrote:People stare at you more in your Delorean than they would if you walked down the street naked.

Not really a driving experience but I like it all the same...Big Grin

lol

I dunno, coming from Belfast myself i've seen some strange sites Big Grin
DOC577
like driving a squashed austin princess :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
It's like going out with a celebrity. Everyone takes your picture and asks you what they're like to live with. Plus you have to accept that people will quote lines from their movies at you.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
From the mainland:
Neil Barclay of DMC Belfast had to adjust his opinion that the D has inferior brakes. Mine worked perfectly he said at Eurotec 2007 convoy trip when his face almost had to be scraped of the windshield.

Underpowered engine? No problem: my #2572 hit 119 Mi/hr and the challenging Beemer and Mercedes got smaller by the minute in my rear view mirror. Does not matter how fast the other cars can go, only if the driver dares to go there!

Bad experiences? Not up to now. Done over 5000 miles without problems.

The only bad thing is that the axles of trucks (lorries in the UK) are so low to the ground. It's impossible to see the cars in front of trucks!

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
too me it feels like i`m sitting on a skate board and being pulled, and it also feels like my arse is so close to the ground its gonna get hot soon :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
If I'm ever a bit fed up, I take Flopsy for a good thrashing round the lanes - the "feel good factor" is great (except for when something breaks of course! :lol: )

Even 5 years on, I still get a kick out of people pointing at the car as I drive along - especially if I'm using her for work, cos people dont expect to see a DeLorean on the roads, let alone in the rush hour Big Grin

Although, as Sally and I were saying yesterday, with the squeaking coming from my front suspension, and the squeaky wheel, its hard to look cool when your car sounds like a load of gerbils having a gang bang on a rusty old bedframe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie