Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM2Y gets award at local car show.....
I was astounded on sunday the 12th August when I had set up my exhibit, that a fellow DeLorean owner should turn up..... And a very nice example of an 81 Grey Manual D....... SNAP!!! (Except mine's 83') Owned by Stuart, who knew me, (but I must admit I never knew of him :oops: )

Turned out to be a wonderful chap, like all the other owners I have met in the past.

Then at the end of the day, I was surprised again to be called to the presentation to be awarded a golden cup for the best 1980's car. There was awards for 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's vehicles, as well as Motorcycle, Military, Commercial, and best car in show.

Our photo's were taken individually whilst the Mayor presented them to us, and we had a marble souvenir to keep, as the cup had to stay within the Skewen Motor Club members.

The photo's are going in the local Rag, so I'll try and obtain one, and get it on here.

It was a lovely day, the weather was kind, and it felt like quite an achievement. Thanks for Stuart again for putting up with me all day, and get in touch with me mate, I don't know your ID on here......

Just a few pictures, and a few credit's to Chris Spratt for most of his hard work into this car...... I am only responsible for it's cleanliness and a few items of Bling..... Well done Chris!

Blimey with Stuart's car co-incidently parked opposite.
[Image: 5301358.jpg]
A bit of a better shot......
[Image: 5301354.jpg]
Cup on top.....
[Image: 5301360.jpg]
Cup and Marble Award in front....
[Image: 5301380.jpg]
Cup On Louvre....
[Image: 5301365.jpg]
And the badge on the cup.....
[Image: 5301370.jpg]
This is the marble award on its own..... Blah Blah!
[Image: 5301576.jpg]

Dont forget to PM me Stuart, and bear in mind that Tonyrefail show is on the 9th September, and only 25 mins from Gnoll Park if you are interested.....

Ben

Mr.P

Smile
nice one mate :lol:
well done Ben & BLM2Y Big Grin (& Spratty of course! :wink: )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Congrats Ben, she is looking clean Big Grin... I could do with some tips, I seem to spend hours and only got her half as clean as you manage Wink

Now how about then engine upgrade I had planned Big Grin Nice stainless freeflow exhaust, high lift cams etc 8)
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Hi Ben,

Great to meet up with you and Kelly last weekend, and thanks for the cups of tea and the company. It was nice to have a break from the same old questions all the time when I was sitting with you guys.
I had people coming up to me and saying this was the first time they had seen a D, then the look on their face when they turned around and saw a second one. Shock :o Big Grin

Mine will need a lot of work to get it as mint as yours though Ben.

I'm in LA at the mo, my first time abroad. Went to Universal yesterday & on the BTTF ride. It was great, a dream come true, but you can tell the ride seems slightly worn out - so do the replicas outside - apart from that, amazing place.

I'll be posting lots of pics next week

All the best
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
...im good at cleaning other peoples cars so that they win awards ...... :roll: lol
Not on your nelly! LOL
Stuart. You lucky git. I wish i was in LA. I went there about 7 years ago and had the best time ever. I loved LA. Go down to Venice beach Saturday and Sunday. The place is absolutely amazing. Also to the south of Venice there is a place called Marina Del ray. There are a few car lots there that have in the past had a few Deloreans in. Its only 15 minutes walking from Muscle beach at Venice. Oh and if you get the chance at Venice Go and see Tony the fireman do his act.( big black guy with a firemans helmet on) He does The lady on the chair on the chin. He is possibly the funniest street performer i have ever seen.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
bozzzydmc Wrote:...im good at cleaning other peoples cars so that they win awards ...... :roll: lol

The award is still on my fireplace too Smile

NickT.