Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
>>>BACK TO 1981....>>>>
Hi Dan

Well getting any D on there was a quest from around 6-7 months ago, LoM being my fav drama series of all time, but it was bloody hard work trying to contact the right person , who would then pass my details on, since that time you wouldnt believe the number of individuals and hire car companies wanting to get on there too . A2A is generating a lot of interest from a lot of quarters and it is looking like it may even get a BBC1 slot now.

Has to be good news for everyone involved in DeLoreans, so its worth my 3am starts Smile Like the recent hype regarding the 'new' D's its nice to have positive feedback especially from the production crew on A2A, most of whom have never seen a D before. In fact the director asked me " are you sure this is a 1981 car ??Smile !"

What was a dream was that is i got to meet Philip Glenister, Dean Andrews and Marshall Lancaster, along with the new cast of Keeley Hawes and Rupert Graves, all of whom were very complimentory about the car and very down to earth and easy to chat too.

As you can probably tell im really looking forward to the next filming date.

Plot details? i know a few but i wouldnt really want to spoil it for everybody by posting it on here. ... but speak to you soon Dan Wink
Daniel Shane Wrote:That Audio Quattro looks fantastic. I've always wanted one of those Smile

Dan

Well it goes like sh1t off a stick still ! , ...and that is the origional paint finish too !
Original paint finish - is that what he told you !

Unfortunately, its not, its an 83 car (with the wrong plate obviously) the door rings are wrong as they should fade backwards, it is missing its pinstripe on both the side of the car and the bumpers and the rear spoiler should be black at that age.

I posted the link to this thread on the quattro forum as it was muted on there a while ago that the new series would feature a quattro and the previous owner of that car claims it was repainted about 5 years ago - still looks great tho !

I'll take my anorak off now

R

http://www.quattroforum.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=16246
Robin Simpson
DOC300
Loughborough
Arh well ...Like they say "dont believe everything they tell you" Smile

I hold my hand up as its probably my mistake on this , there was a lot going on that day and thinking about it now it wasnt even the 'owner' of the car who i was talking to about it. Looking at your link it appears that is a brand new paint job for the show. Thought it looked super new and shiny Smile Smile Lovely car though.

I suppose it wont be long before people are pulling my D apart too.... LOL Smile Smile
dmcrobin Wrote:Excellent news, for my D and my Quattro - nice one.

Hiya Robin

Which Quattro do you own matey ? I was very impressed with the overall build quality of the one on set.
Hi Mike

I've Got an 85 coupe so a bit later than that one with the digital dash in White, its a cracking piece of kit.

R
Robin Simpson
DOC300
Loughborough
Now i love white cars!! , bet that looks great in white with black detailing !

Do you have a pic of it somewhere?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=76...=831145160

It took me forever to find but was well worth the wait !

R
Robin Simpson
DOC300
Loughborough
I've been away for a bit, so I'm just catching up. Nice one Mike, all from the mention of a 'TV Quick' as I seem to recall.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Hi

Update from this weekends filming

regards

Mike

[Image: DSC01563.jpg]

[Image: DSC01562.jpg]

[Image: DSC01571.jpg]

[Image: DSC01567.jpg]

[Image: DSC01565.jpg]

[Image: 100_0600.jpg]

[Image: 100_0591.jpg]

[Image: DSC01578.jpg]

[Image: 100_0544.jpg]

[Image: DSC01572DesktopResolution-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC01564DesktopResolution.jpg]

[Image: DSC01573DesktopResolution.jpg]
you lucky boy Bozzmeister!!! Big Grin

I'll try to make sure to watch 'Ashes to Ashes', missed all of the last series of LOM bar the first 2 episodes Cry (note to self, go on ebay and find DVD box set of LOM..... )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Wicked photos Mike! Looks like loads of fun doing all of that!

Quick off-topic note to Robin, I believe one of my mates works for you at the Porshe garage - Adam Bessell. He sent me a photo of 1982 D, such a small world! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Presumably this must be the film you mentioned ?

http://www.philip-glenister.com/projTues.html
nice one mike you must feel quite honoured,not sure about the mack tho Shock TT :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Well done Mike, can i have your car's autograph please????? Big Grin
Kelvin Tan