Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre sizes?
Ar Barson said - the rears aren't cheap - and there's not a lot of slack in the price of Pirelli's for garages to undercut each other.

If you're not fussed about Pirellis - I've seen Cobra's for about £80 each - or some unbranded (but right size) for £60 each.

You get what you pay for though - stick with Pirelli's - the extra cash is painful - but well spent.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
I started on Coopers can get the rears for a decent price, but i couldn't find the fronts!

:lol: :o Cry

I liked the writing on side, but found that the fronts didn't come with any, so I didtched the idea of coopers in favour of pirellis.

Barzo.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Hey Barson,

The £208.00 quote was from Micheldever and a place called Central tyres (which is just down the road from me!) who could also match it! Smile

However, I'm not sure if that includes VAT, will find out for you matey! :wink:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
cheers Smile

just phoned black circles and it's 245 (inc vat) delivered for two.
- Dave Smith

Just noticed that you're up in Bolton, there is a Central Tyres located near you, one of my best quotes was from these guys.

Might be worth giving em a bell. Smile
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
My set of 4 Pirellis (last year) were £300.80 inc VAT - but that was supplied only, as at the same time I was getting my alloys refurbished, so the alloy refubing company fitted them for me. That price included my 'trade discount' though, but not sure how much that reduced the price by.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Carl Hammond Wrote:Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, that's just the price for a pair of rears, still looking at £300 best for the whole set!

Do you think I'm likely to get much better than that then mate? It's these P600's that seem quite pricey, wherever I go!

£300 for a full set is good. I pay around £370 for a set for the Esprit so not to bad really.

Dan
Carl Hammond Wrote:Just noticed that you're up in Bolton, there is a Central Tyres located near you, one of my best quotes was from these guys.

Might be worth giving em a bell. Smile

262 for the pair :oops: vat, installation and balancing inc.
- Dave Smith

just finished fitting mine.

lovely.

p6000 front
p600 back
- Dave Smith

you'll love the handling now too Big Grin

The transformation in the way Flopsy handled (ie she actually handled) after I changed the Yank tyres for Pirellis was amazing.

Enjoy! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie