Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to quiet down the exhaust?
Dear All,

On those universal mufflers available for Civics, subaru....etc, there's an option to plug in a temporary baffle to silence down the exhaust noise for varius reasons....

I wonder if there are any similar products that could quiet down my SS exhaust for the time it needs to be quiet?

I don't want to swap silencers when I want things quiet!

Cheers!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
YOU HAVING A LAUGH AN,Y YOU JOHN NOTHING COULD MAKE THAT SS SYSTEM LOWER IN NOISE IT WAS BUILT LIKE THAT NICE AND NOISEY JUST LIKE DAN WAS BUT WITHOUT HOLES IN IT

Big Grin Big Grin
I did try and warn you mate that my old exhaust was bloody loud !!! Big Grin

Dan
Just a thought, but you could get the link pipes that connect the manifolds to the back box silenced.

This is quite common on Elise's when the cat is removed, for motorsport of course.

Maybe get an exhaust maker to add some wadding to them

Dan
Dan, have you got this part number for this fan you need?? speak to you soon big fella, laters J.
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
What would be interesting would be a solution which would allow a quiet exhaust at a press of a button... Big Grin

From what I understand some modern cars have this feature for adjustable shocks. As it stands with the DeLorean you'll get grubby knees every time you want to adjust any of the modified shocks that the vendors currently sell...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
In America they operated a valve in the exhaust to bypass the baffles turning it into a 'straight through' type back in the 50's for the hot rodding street racers Big Grin

NickT.
Outatime Wrote:Dear All,

On those universal mufflers available for Civics, subaru....etc, there's an option to plug in a temporary baffle to silence down the exhaust noise for varius reasons....

I wonder if there are any similar products that could quiet down my SS exhaust for the time it needs to be quiet?

I don't want to swap silencers when I want things quiet!

Cheers!

Perhaps get the back box 're manufactured' inside and put more sound deadening material in it?
or ??

[Image: Soft_Foam_Cushioned_Ear_Muffs_With_Radio.jpg]

Smile Smile Smile
Hehe, might do the cross over pipe that Dan has mentioned.

I personally love the loudness of the exhaust! It's just that i am worried about getting the car pass various yearly tests....
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
hi all

try this for a little loud car

a friend in bristol i know

Item number: 140142918290
so how come he is selling all of this stuff?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
hi

he done the same thing as u chris getting married
Oh right ...so he is getting shut before the wife gets her hands on the cars Wink lol
I can hardly imagine his wife fighting for the keys... Sounds nice and I like it a lot.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138