Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refitting door panels and door handle
Hi Guys!

I have removed all the interior trim panels on the passenger door (RHD) a long time back but have no idea how to refit the interior handle
back on!

Does it go back on before the lower trim panel, or does it go back on last? And if it's the last thing that goes back on, how can I get to the 2 screws that holds the handle?

Thanks for helping guys!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
John. The door handle goes in at the same time as the lower panel. 2 bolts hold it in place. Bit of a pig to get to though. You will need an extension bar on your ratchet to do it. Lift the door so that the bolts to go in are in a horizontal position ie 90 degrees to the floor then put the bolt in the end of the socket and feed it in to place. Use a piece of rope to hold the door in the 90 degrees position and just take your time.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
Thanks Dan!

Will need to purchase a very long extension in that case... something like 2 foot long?

My back is still hurting from attempting without the extension today (bending the back backwards really hurts after half an hour!)... maybe better luck tmr with the correct tool!! :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

You need an extention bar about a foot long. You just have to poke it down the gap where your interior mirror adjust switch is to get one of them and the other one is a little easier. It should be easy for you to reach at normal standing height as you re not as tall as me . i had to bend backwards. How on earth did they do it in the factory.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
i remember doing mine and it was a sod, but i cant help i forgotten :oops:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Dan Howarth Wrote:You need an extention bar about a foot long. You just have to poke it down the gap where your interior mirror adjust switch is to get one of them and the other one is a little easier. It should be easy for you to reach at normal standing height as you re not as tall as me . i had to bend backwards. How on earth did they do it in the factory.

I guess they probably did it when the door is on the work bench?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]