Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making sure the CPR is clean.
There's a bit in Nick T's write up (cheers Nick) of the fuel pressure testing procedure about blowing air through to remove the crud that may have accumulated in there.

I wouldn't mind having a go and cleaning out mine.

Would I blow air down the hole that the screen is in (14mm hole) or the other one? It seems to me that fuel is going IN at the 14mm hose and out the other to the lower chamber of the dist. would it be best to blow air through the other hole and through the CPR and out the 14mm hole thus forcing crud back out the way it came in?

I could just go ahead and do this and see what happens :oops: :lol:

Any parts in the CRP that wouldn't react well to acetone, btw?

that's it, the end.
Barson.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
hi

i just used an air gun and blew each way.

then used petrol or carb cleaner to squirt through.

i don't think it goes through anyway, as the valve opens under pressure?

my inlet screen is now nice and clean.

Also opened up (carefully) and got rid of the cobwebs inside.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
steve.s Wrote:Also opened up (carefully) and got rid of the cobwebs inside.

Be very careful opening the CPR, the bottom 'acceleration' enrichment (with the 2 vac hoses and delay valve) part is quite easy to put back together but the top is hard..there is a small pin in the middle of a big spring! Nick T did tell me he managed to get one back together tho...otherwise you might need Ken Mills injection to fix it for you :wink:
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u0gn/id4.html
ChrisS Wrote:
steve.s Wrote:Also opened up (carefully) and got rid of the cobwebs inside.

Be very careful opening the CPR, the bottom 'acceleration' enrichment (with the 2 vac hoses and delay valve) part is quite easy to put back together but the top is hard..there is a small pin in the middle of a big spring! Nick T did tell me he managed to get one back together tho...otherwise you might need Ken Mills injection to fix it for you :wink:

Yes £160 if you cock it up Sad TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
The CPR is split into 2.
Put the top half upside down on a desk.
Use a blob of grease to hold the centre pin in an upright position in the tiny hole that moves the diaphram part of the valve.
Carefully lower the bottom part of the cpr down ensuring the pin and spring line up.
Once in line, keep it held shut in one hand while using the other to add the through bolts that hold both parts together.

Nick