Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More cooling problems
If you have an airlock at the top of the rad then water wont flow around the system. Had this with the new rad on my Esprit and I had to bleed it a few times and the Esprit has a factory fitted self bleed kit.

When the car is up to temperature feel the top and bottom of the rad. If you have an airlock then the top will be cooler then the bottom. You have to bleed it and if you dont have a bleed kit then remove the small hose on the top of the right side of the rad when the car is running.

You should hear lots of air rush out then water should run out. Replace the hose and feel the rad again, The top should now be the same temperature as the bottom. If not repeat until it is. Also make sure that when your bleeding the system that the header bottle does not run dry.

After you have done this run it for a few days and then check the water level in the header bottle. As air comes out water goes in and the level drops, so keep it topped up.

Dan
Cheers Dan, will do as instructed!

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Hey all, thanks for the advice, just one last question on this topic though; I popped the heater on to get any air locks out, you could hear a hiss behind the dash as I turned it on. As the engine was running with the heater on I noticed a gentle trickle of water from under the car, coming from under where the heater pipework would be I imagine. I am guessing I have a hole somewhere in the heater system. Once the heater was off, the trickle stopped. I will leave the heater off for now but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before? I'll get out the general arrangement of the water system and isolate the problem, but was after any items to look for that wouldn't be that obvious. If the heater is off, I imagine you isolate the system from the cooling system so it should be fine for now....
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com