Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metering head issues.......
Cheers matey! Big Grin
(just rolled in having had 4 pints of Marston's finest in the local........... :wink: )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just to put this to bed 'so to speak'.
Everything is now up and running again, and boy the difference in the car is unbelievable, absolutly stonking accelaration and performance. if this is the pistons/cams/metering head/dizzy or the whole thing put together I am not sure. certinally on this afternoons trial run the acceleration is vastly improved at lower revs. Still have a few bits of tinkering to do, to sort out a rough idle (thanks Nick) and check the timing Etc Etc. However the proof will be in getting it on a dyno, to compare, so when your ready Stu :lol:
Right... next job fit the new front sway bar bushes that turned up the other day from the US and I may have a bit more confidence in the braking abilities, :lol:
Thanks for your ongoing help everyone.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
coolio Big Grin Well done Chris!

We were shopping this afternoon - my kind of shopping in the local scrapyard to be exact - and all the Volvo's in there were 740's and there were a couple of 440's. Got a load of Cavalier stuff tho for £20, so well happy anyway Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
[quote="However the proof will be in getting it on a dyno, to compare, so when your ready Stu :lol:"[/quote]

Defo Chris, I'm well up for it..... could be well interesting.

Gotta get my timing chain and rocker covers off and cleaned up first though Smile
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Rolling road wars Smile

This is what we want Smile

NickT.
NickT Wrote:Rolling road wars Smile

This is what we want Smile

NickT.

No :lol: no wars, just would be interesting to see what my car now pushes out with having all Volvo stock items in (domed pistons) Etc Etc and how much it compares to Stuarts with out the pistons but having similar other bits. although I have not got a posh exhaust Cry
Thought it would be interesting for future reference should any one want to go down the same route again. Although I would not have touched the engine had it not been for a knackered block in the first place.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,

Stuarts car has Volvo Pistons in it. Basicly the engine was rebuilt as a Volvo 760 but with high lift cams.

It has a Volvo Venturi, Metering head and Dizzy.

Dan
Ahhh, cheers Dan
Well they should be on a par then, as its basically the same engine/fuelling etc minus the posh exhaust.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
The results will be impressive either way if the the exhaust is the only difference then the contrast in output should be interesting reading! Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris & Suzie William Wrote:Ahhh, cheers Dan
Well they should be on a par then, as its basically the same engine/fuelling etc minus the posh exhaust.
Chris

It does depend on how posh the exhaust is:- the general consensus of opinion is that the PRV in whatever guise has shockingly bad exhaust manifolds. A good equal length 2" dia tubular manifold into a 2.5" system is claimed to release 30-35bhp depending on the flavour of PRV.
Life begins at 90 degrees....
its all getting very max power over here isn't it hehehehe!

The nice thing is with the upgrades me and chris have had done is that when you lift up the louvres and the engine cover the engine still appears stock (with the exception of a few vacuum hoses and exhaust etc)

I'd be interested to see how the new fuel lines might have made any change if at all over the 156bhp reading I got last time.

She has gone a bit tappety hence the need to remove the rocker covers and have a look.... although I might just be listening out for them now and hence she "seems" to have gotten slightly more tappety..... we'll see.

So while the timing chain and rocker covers are off I'm going to get them blasted and powder coated.
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk