Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny noises when cornering
I have recently noticed that when i corner into a right hand bend sort of sharpish, i hear a bang as though something has hit the inside wall of the luggage compartment (which is empty).
Anyone experienced this or may know what this is?????
Cheers Smile
Kelvin Tan
hmm. I haven't got this, but have you checked that your jacking tools bag in the front of the car is secured? It may be that that's being thrown about.

just a thought.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Hiya Kelv,

Have you got the original car jack stored in the little compartment in front of the trunk? If so, maybe it's sliding around in there?

Phil
(spent a lot of time sitting in my trunk working on the fuel system recently :wink: )
Barson Wrote:hmm. I haven't got this, but have you checked that your jacking tools bag in the front of the car is secured? It may be that that's being thrown about.

just a thought.

You just beat me to it Dave... :lol:
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I used to have a horrible whining noise when cornering really fast.

I cured it by leaving the Mrs at home ! 8)
you been putting the Mrs in the Jack compartment again Nick ???? Smile
Lmao! Quality!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
bozzzydmc Wrote:you been putting the Mrs in the Jack compartment again Nick ???? Smile

Ah-ha - that explains why I have been waking up to a car-jack !!!!!!! :lol:
I used to have a horrible whining noise when cornering really fast.

I cured it by leaving the Mrs at home !

nice one nick :lol: :lol: :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
not that this is helpiong Kelvin...

Mate, check the ball joints, steering rack mounts and track rod ends. Recent failures of lower ball joints have resulted in scary moments....

What you describe is typical of a failing ball joint (on other cars anwyay!) I've also had the same experience when a steering rack bush failed. Get hol dof each track rod in turn and give it wobble. if it rattles, you need a refurbd rack.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Quote: Ah-ha - that explains why I have been waking up to a car-jack !!!!!!! :lol:

Been sleeping in the garage again Nick?

:lol:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Birksie Wrote:
Quote: Ah-ha - that explains why I have been waking up to a car-jack !!!!!!! :lol:

Been sleeping in the garage again Nick?

:lol:

That would be my dream come true ! 8)

Kelvin, remove the jack and try again !

If you are concerned get a qualified mechanic to have a look, the suspension is simple. If you are unsure then don't drive it until it is sorted.

Hope you are enjoying the motor.

NickT.
Thanks for all the replies, i'll remove the jack and check all the ball joints and see how i get on.
If all else fails, i'll kick the missus out too!!!! Big Grin Big Grin
Kelvin Tan
on a similar thread, I sometimes get a metallic 'clanging' noise when Flopsy's on full lock.

Demonstrated it to Rich one afternoon doing endless (and muscle building) three (or should that be seventeen) point turns in the road, but we're none the wiser - and it doesnt do it all the time.

Might take Flopsy out for a blat round the Dales later on, just had new angledrive and lower speedo cable replaced, so just need to see how much further on i'll get from 78,008 miles before it breaks again Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I had a twang noise and it turned out to be the bottom of the spring coil end going over the lip then re-seating when going over bumps.

Turning the spring round so that the lower end of the spring end was on the inside end of the suspension cured this noise.

NickT.