Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny noises when cornering
Dan1986 Wrote:Ok cheers Mike, Ill look at that. That probably explains why my castor was out when I had the alignment done the other week... damn that means it will need aligning again when I change these :roll:

Chances are it won't Big Grin

You could always take it back for a "check up" after you have done the job :wink:

NickT
http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... gory_Code=

No worries, either way i would reccomend to any D owner that you replace the 6 bushings with this kit. Worth every penny.
Sounds like a plan. It can wait till after eurotec now though :wink:
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

I had a clangy twang for a month or so after changing my front springs, until they settled in.

If you've recently worked on the suspension, as long as it all looks ok (springs seated correctly etc) you may want to wait awhile and see if it cures itself before spending more cash.

However I do agree with the rest of the guys, those bushes are a must if your running on the originals.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I havn't touched my springs. The euro height ones were fitted a few years ago when Dave owned my car so had plenty of time to settle :wink: It does have the original bushes by the looks of things so they are coming out after eurotec Big Grin
dmckelv12 Wrote:I have recently noticed that when i corner into a right hand bend sort of sharpish, i hear a bang as though something has hit the inside wall of the luggage compartment (which is empty).
Anyone experienced this or may know what this is?????
Cheers Smile

sorry kelvin just saw this post on here i also had the same sort of knocking noise when i went round the corner hard .but at the time i was trying to hit the mother in law in fifth gear although i think it was more of a splatting sound when i finally hit the cow.
Hee hee, i take it the said in-law isn't on this forum then???? Big Grin

Seriously though, I would also check and make sure the jack/tools have been secured in the front compartment as i have been advised before.
Kelvin Tan
My jack is on the garage floor at the moment awaiting a new back when I get round to ordering one from dmch :wink:
EDIT: I mean awaiting a Bag not a back :oops:

The bushes look original so it must be them. Did you get your clunking sorted on flopsy claire? was that the arb bushings?
Jack what Jack my Jack comes in a can twist it on and spray sod the price for a new tyre think im going to change a wheel on the edge of a motorway ant going to happen.

kind regard Tyson and his can of spray
The jack is to keep things complete really. I doubt I'd ever use my spare wheel becuase its still brand new with nobbles on :wink:
hana 5284 Wrote:Jack what Jack my Jack comes in a can twist it on and spray sod the price for a new tyre think im going to change a wheel on the edge of a motorway ant going to happen.

true...and if we get a puncture on a rear tyre where is that going to go .... and thats assuming the 27 year old spare is still holding air and safe to drive on .... lol
bozzzydmc Wrote:
hana 5284 Wrote:Jack what Jack my Jack comes in a can twist it on and spray sod the price for a new tyre think im going to change a wheel on the edge of a motorway ant going to happen.

true...and if we get a puncture on a rear tyre where is that going to go .... and thats assuming the 27 year old spare is still holding air and safe to drive on .... lol

My spares pretty hopless the last time i used it on the front it popped of the rim while going slowley around a corner.

Probably be better off with a car of Tyre Weld or equiv.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I'd opt for AA Relay membership, that tyre weld is just too risky

Best regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Yeah i have breakdown cover just in case the inevitable should happen. Big Grin
Kelvin Tan