Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch replacement
Hi All,

I wonder if I can get some advice.... My Delorean has just covered 9,000 miles according to the odometer (but this might be false judging by some of the wear on the drivers seat and steering wheel). After long journeys, the last one being 200 miles, I'm unable to engage a gear. The only way is to turn off the engine and put into gear and then start the engine again... obviously not ideal. 

I'm recently replaced the clutch fluid as well as the clutch line with a braided one from DeloreanGo. The garage also adjusted the clutch to it 'maximum'. 

Do I need a new clutch?
VIN 05797
(17 Feb 2019, 17:46)Jongy Wrote: Hi All,

I wonder if I can get some advice.... My Delorean has just covered 9,000 miles according to the odometer (but this might be false judging by some of the wear on the drivers seat and steering wheel). After long journeys, the last one being 200 miles, I'm unable to engage a gear. The only way is to turn off the engine and put into gear and then start the engine again... obviously not ideal. 

I'm recently replaced the clutch fluid as well as the clutch line with a braided one from DeloreanGo. The garage also adjusted the clutch to it 'maximum'. 

Do I need a new clutch?

Your symptoms also indicate that you could still have air in the clutch fluid... try bleeding again, if you see bubbles then that could be the problem...

Your Lambda counter near the brake pedal should have 9000 miles too, if it is higher then your mileage on the speedo is wrong...  The Lambda is normally reset every 30,000 miles...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I'll take a look at the Lambda counter and hopefully it'll verify the true mileage.

With regard to the clutch issue; the clutch fluid was replaced and bled when the new clutch line was fitted a few weeks ago. I thought this would solve the issue but the problem persists. Basically when the car has warmed up the gear selection becomes increasingly difficult and then impossible. There doesn't seem to be any slippage or juddering either. Any other suggestions would be very much welcomed.

Kind regards,
VIN 05797
To be fair, I cant really see what adjustment's the garage could have made to it to "The garage also adjusted the clutch to it 'maximum"
It's not really got any adjustment unless you have had an adjustable master cylinder push rod fitted (and that's unlikely)
I think your still getting air in the system, and or your clutch master/or slave has failed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584