Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 4-pots...
Hi All,

Just finished plumbing the 4-pot on the front this weekend. Also went tank diving fitting new baffle.

Hope the piccy attached o.k.

4-pots over standard disc. Disc replacment may be needed, but they stop pretty firm now...
[Image: DSC00065.jpg][/img]
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Hi Rich

Top job !

Care to share what modifications ( if any ) and type of caliper fitted ?

Any further pics ?
As Per Chris Spratt's post @ http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=708 you can see a Wilwood 4 pot caliper. It is great to know that there are a number of aftermarket 4-pot upgrades out there that will still allow the stock front alloy to fit.

Richard, can you give a run down on the following:-
1) how much?
2) where from?
3) brand/part number etc?

Crucially, what kind of difference do you feel under hard braking?

Have you adjusted your brake pedal so that there is no play out of the servo's push rod?[/quote]
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
As you can see the discs aren't bedded in yet, so can't comment on how she stops, but first impressions are that they are SOLID! and feel and lot more "bitey" if you know what I mean. Whether I will have probems with bias is yet to be seen, but i know there are proprtioning valves out there.

Basically it is a Austin Princess set-up, so bolts straight on, all you need is a couple of washers to center the disc in the void of the caliper.

Cost wise, I'd say about £150 - £200 depending on where you find the caliper as they are rocking horse .....

The on;y query with the Willwood caliper is that some are for kit cars and they only weigh 500 kgs. so check to see if they are beafy enough for the job.

* THE ISSUE IS THAT THE AUSTIN PRINCESS CALIPERS HAVE TWO INLETS, ONE FOR THE TOP TWO PISTONS AND ONE FOR THE BOTTOM, SO TWO LINES HAVE TO BE MADE FROM THE FLEXI PIPE, I;LL POST PICCYS LATER*

I have also got the spacer for future vented discs. But the main thing was that I ain't gonna be driving fast and braking hard, just wanted it to feel a bit more positive.

All new master cylinder, servo (adjusted so no gap... well I think) new discs at front, calipers and hopefully new discs for the rear soon as they are well pitted due to previous owner leaving the poor thing in the outside.

Cheers

Richard
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]