Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean sold today at H&H Auctions, Imperial War Museum Duxford
#2457.  Went for £41k. (laughably estimated 25-30!)
Another one (#3170) goes under the hammer on Friday (24th June) at Goodwood.  
Will be interesting to see what the difference is, rather hopefully that one's estimated at £60k!!
:-)
Anyone here responsible for either of these?

(22 Jun 2022, 16:33)lordivanhoe Wrote: #2457.  Went for £41k. (laughably estimated 25-30!)
Another one (#3170) goes under the hammer on Friday (24th June) at Goodwood.  
Will be interesting to see what the difference is, rather hopefully that one's estimated at £60k!!
:-)
Anyone here responsible for either of these?
Holy s**t.
£41k is just the 'hammer price'.  Buyer's premium and VAT on top.. final price to the buyer is what, exactly??!?  :-o
You struggle to get any Delorean for 40k in todays market
The guide price was miles out
If it went for 25 I would have bought another
Aha.  Auctioneers' website says £46,125 including buyers' premium.
Strong money!
..and today's Bonhams auction at Goodwood didn't disappoint.
£62,100 all in!!!
Holy.  Cow.
I mean, it looked pretty good - but still.
:-o
I’m wondering if I have my car under insured now I’ll be honest. I guess it depends on what these cars were. See if there’s a trend in the values associated with versions. I.e. grey leather/black leather. Grooved/flat/flapped bonnet. Etc
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I'm wondering the same Rissy, we've just re-insured ours, mine at £30k, Phill's at £35k.

Phill's does need a few cosmetics, and is an auto, but I'm wondering if in the grand scheme
of things this should be revised up to £40k or £45k? I mean, what would it cost in todays market, to
replace an Nov 81 Grey Auto with 60,000 miles on the clock?

I think I'll email Hagerty and seek their advice.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Not a bad idea.  I did look at the Hagerty website and they've upped the nominal values of DeLoreans already.  Worth pointing out the recent sales and see if that ups them further.
I would be surprised if 35k is anywhere near enough now for anything that runs!
To put it into context, my car is currently holding an agreed valuation certificate for £45k. I’ll probably review this in Sept when it’s time to renew again.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I've just emailed Hagerty, with photos, suggesting a value of £45k. As you said Ivan, its what
it would cost us to replace Sorbet if they worst happened.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
This is a good rough guide which I normally attempt to consider my own car against and then make a judgement call, although arguably, like others I'm sure, I'm quite critical of my own car's values, but admit that the list of items I'm not happy about has been slowly getting whittled down over the many years of ownership.

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/valuation/tool...se&b=Coupe

I'm down to the following remaining items right now:

- My bumpers need work (cosmetic).
- Rear suspension needs refurbishing (cosmetic rather than detrimentally conditioned).
- Rear Chassis could do with a bit more effort put in once suspension is out of the way (cosmetic rather than detrimentally conditioned).
- Rear brake calipers could do with a refurbishing (cosmetic).
- Front headlight assemblies could do with some tender loving care (cosmetic).

Once these things are all done, I wouldn't hesitate to mark my car as #2 from that link. This is why I've positioned myself somewhere between #3 and #2, wishing to bias towards #2 (it's getting ever closer) although right now I've clearly slipped behind now, hence the readdress in September.

- Everything works.
- Car drives nice (now). Sounds wonderful too.
- Car is reliable (famous last words - hurriedly finding wood to touch!)

It's quite a good way to assess IMO if you're in any doubt.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Funnily enough I'm in the middle of discussions with two insurance companies around agreed valuations for DeLoreans at this time (one being for my own car) and a couple of other club members. Unfortunately it seems the insurance companies ideas are not keeping up with the market.......
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I’m insured through Hagerty. That link I provided, is Hagerty. Have you talked to Hagerty? It’s their statistics they’re presenting there. They’d have a cheek to not operate to those standards….?!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
(29 Jun 2022, 11:59)Guinney1971 Wrote: I've just emailed Hagerty, with photos, suggesting a value of £45k.  As you said Ivan, its what
it would cost us to replace Sorbet if they worst happened.

My thoughts exactly!
Although *some* google searches appear to bring up sub-$30k DeLoreans in the US, I bet most of those aren't real or are clickbait!!
So to actually obtain a replacement should, as you say, the worst happen, we've only got recent UK sales to go on, I'd've thought..
Quote:I’m insured through Hagerty. That link I provided, is Hagerty. Have you talked to Hagerty? It’s their statistics they’re presenting there. They’d have a cheek to not operate to those standards….?!
Yes, I'm using that link as my leverage. Though neither of the ones I'm dealing with are Hagerty. I think values have just increased so quickly and a lot of DeLoreans on their books are under-valued.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584