Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Retro Show 10 July 2022
I've been given the heads up about Really Retro 2022, which is at a different venue to the one we 
went to in 2018.

Details here:  http://www.reallyretroshow.com/

I've emailed the organisers asking about a Club Stand, so if there is enough interest I'll take the matter further with
them.

I'll be going, but as part of the Cavalier & Chevette Club as my De won't be on the road.  Phill might take #6772 
if its on the road though.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Im up for it again, was a good day minus the sun burn haha
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Organisers have got back to me, yes we can have a Club Stand (max 20 Cars), but 
they need to know by the end of April.

So, can I have a show of hands by the end of this month please if anyone is interested
in showing their car.

In 2018, we won Best Club Stand, so it would be nice to repeat that.
It's all happening that weekend, isn't it. Wouldn't it be nice if the summer was spread out a bit insteas of everything happening on the one weekend of the year? I'm travelling back from Scotland (week holiday off from work that preceeding week), and with the backlog of the DVLA and me wanting to apply for classic status (car currently SORNd) this month, who knows if I'll be in a position to go to this. I'd like to, but it's a bit tight with everything. Leanne said she'd like to go, so I guess we'll aim to go. In 2018 we all stayed over at a Premier, and convoyed in from there. Will there be the same interest in doing something similar this year for this, or will we just aim to meet there? The venue is about a 90 mins drive from me, so if I left about 8:30am from mine, then I could be there in good time before 11am close gates.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
@Rissy the historic tax is done at the post office, takes a few minutes. Just done mine, as you mine was sorned for the salty months, just took the mot and v5 and they did it there and then. They take your v5 and send it to dvla but the cars taxed at this point.
(02 Apr 2022, 10:16)acmetowers Wrote: @Rissy the historic tax is done at the post office, takes a few minutes. Just done mine, as you mine was sorned for the salty months, just took the mot and v5 and they did it there and then. They take your v5 and send it to dvla but the cars taxed at this point.

Oh really?  I didn’t realise that.  I thought I’d have to wait until the paperwork returned before I could then apply for tax (and pay nothing of course).

Well that’s good then.  I’m actually in the middle of preparing my paperwork right now as it happens.  I have to ask for some corrections to be made to the details on my V5C as certain detail is wrong.  Accompanying letter, photos etc needing to be enclosed with my V5C.  Talked to a chap at the DVLA about it all and he gave me instruction. Urged me to do it straight away, but said it shouldn’t matter if I waited until now too.

I’m in no great rush tbh.  The weather still isn’t great, and fuel is expensive!

Sorry to get off topic.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I'm still fighting a gearbox issue and slipping clutch so doubt I would be up for risking driving that far. Don't want the embarrassment of being brought home on the back of a big yellow taxi !!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Okay, so we've got 3 possible cars..... if Sorbet is on the road that's 4, but we'll be in my Cavalier anyway if not.

I'll report back to the organisers with how many possible cars we've got, and see what they say.
Hi Claire, can you put me down as well? Cheers Richard
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, can you put me down for this one as well please!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
I've messaged the organisers and I'll report back once I've heard from them.

With possibly 5 cars going, it might not be enough to have a proper stand, but I'll see what they say.
I've heard back. We can have a stand, even with only a few cars, which is good, and they said they'll
give the Club a good spot.

Can those that have expressed in interest please PM me your name and car registration number so that
I can pass this onto the organisers and get the stand formalised.

Many thanks
Exclamation 
Okay,

we're booked in and I've paid for the following cars to be on display:

Rissy & Leanne, SKM234W

Rich Hutchinson, AXI855

Richard Powell, IKZ113

I'll be there in my Silver Cavalier, aka the DOC-UK Support Vehicle, I'll bring the club gazebo 
and a selection of drinks and refreshments.  Phill will bring along his Renault Avantime Privilege V6 Auto,
(the Megane as DickyH calls it) - hard to believe its 20yrs since the UK launch of the Avi!

Any other club cars to be displayed, please contact me asap, as Paul did want all bookings in by today so 
they have time to sort out tickets and passes.

We have to be there between 9am and 10am, for the show opening to the public at 11am. They suggest car clubs
meet somewhere so that they can convoy together, so I'll look at the area map to see where we can meet beforehand and
travel in together.
I have been talking to my friend Nigel Hopes in the Cavalier and Chevette Club, he'd
like us to all go in together if possible (as I'm in my Cavalier), so we'll sort out a meeting
place and I'll post on here in due course.

I've got us all booked in, and I've emailed tickets out - if you've not received them, please DM me.
Brilliant (but very hot!) day today, and thank you to Richard Powell and his son, DickyH, Andy W,
Rissy & Leanne for coming along in the De's and keeping me and Phill company in the Avi and Cavalier Big Grin

There was an amazing array of cars on display, I'll pop a post on the Club Facebook Page later with lots of pics.

We were actually the last lot to leave bar the guys emptying the bins this afternoon, there was that much
nattering going on (and inspecting of rear louvre struts lol).

Great to see everyone again, hope you all got home safely.