Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Show, Bidford 29th May 2022
Hello Chris,

Thanks for taking my call earlier and herewith the details of a car showing event on our Airfield near Bidford on Avon, in May (29th) - so that you could include this in a few of your upcoming weekly newsletters to your Members?

The enclosures contain a flyer and some pictures from past events, with more detail.  If the weather is good, it can be popular and  some 1-2000 members of the public have attended such days in the past.  We are in the process of arranging for a Spitfire and Hurricane of the BBMF to make a flypast soon after lunchtime, and the site has good facilities etc and grass parking for the car display.

This is a charity event – so whilst we are not charging for entry, we are expecting everyone attending to make some kind of donation.  Because we only have space for ~100 Classic/vintage cars (and for the sake of variety), we are also limiting each Vintage or Classic type to 5-10 parking spaces (on a first come, first served basis), and those coming will need to send me the registration number of their car before the event – upon which I will email back an entry disc by return.  Arrival before 9:30am on the day to park up is essential please - to avoid/mitigate congestion risk on the local road(s).  Because of the terms of our insurance, the event will close at 5pm that evening.

If this is of interest to a Member, I’d need direct email contact from all interested individual parties by the 1st of May 2022 - in order to allow the time to process the responses and issue them with an entry ‘disc’ by return.

I look forward to your reply, and do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Clive Sutton
BGFC Event Organisation Team
https://www.bidfordglidingandflyingclub.co.uk/news
07771 846612
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584