Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At last!!!
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/lego-delorean...1&jb=12340
Looks much better then the previous offering.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Considering the atrocity that was the first LEGO attempt, this one looks a lot better. They were probably shamed into making a better effort when they saw how good the Playmobil offerings were compared to their own dismal excuse for a cash grab from punters. (I still bought the original, but only through the unabated mockery received by Benji for him having one and me not, and the unbelievable increasing value of them despite their crapness. Luckily I managed to find what appeared to be one of the last at original shelf price and not have to fill anyone's pockets with wads of unjustified amounts of cash to get one. They'll probably lose their value now anyway after this release now)

You can really get a sense of its scale when you see it next to a time machine Haynes Manual on the shelf.

Looks like you can only get them through LEGO direct (at least right now). You can guarantee that with the current trend of totally legal hoarding and reselling, these will be grabbed in mere seconds by the Scalpers and their BOTS and one will have to pay inflated cost figures through Ebay to them to get one. This shameful activity should be outlawed.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Looks great and very very similar to the UCS Lego DeLorean. I put mine together via bricklink a while ago, and it certainly cost a lot more to do it that way than the RRP of this one.

However, I still prefer the look of the UCS. Especially the rear build of the car, looks a lot cleaner than the new one, it gets the lines and angles better in general too.

This is mine: https://imgur.com/gallery/XPj3sAn