Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean ReImagined
Surprised there hasn't been any mention of the new Delorean EV on here yet.

Here's an Advert that's airing across the pond in LA, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, NYC and Houston TX.

It's in partnership with ItalDesign and appears to be the DaVinci concept car below.

It's ok looking, but a far cry from the original Delorean and of no interest to me to be honest.

Of course it may never come to fruition as we've seen frequently in the past with DMCH.

What's everyone else's thoughts on it?

DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

I saw something over the weekend on FB, but i'll admit I was a bit confused at what I was looking at. "was it an advert for the "new" build DeLorean's?", "was it something else?" I thought to myself.

I saw the new opening intro to the delorean.com website, and people analysing the door shape and people discussing "V's" and then this mention of "DaVinci" which is what your post here is discussing. DaVinci something or other is a brand new thing in my mind. I wasn't aware of it, or the apparent link to anything DeLorean. What is it? Is this an unrelated concept car which someone's done, and potentially is being adopted by DeLorean then? A bit like the apparent link between DeLorean and the Pontiac Solstice about 10-11yrs ago?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hey Rissy,

Yeah, the Davinci is a concept electric car that ItalDesign showed off in 2019.  Early in 2021 ItalDesign teased a partnership with DMCH and a silhouette that looks a bit like the Davinci model I posted above.

Delorean.com has now been rebranded as "Delorean ReImagined" and the old site has moved to classicdmc.com

Here's a link to the Davinci concept if your interested. Nothing has been confirmed yet.. only assumptions.

https://www.italdesign.it/project/davinci/
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

It looks like a nice car.  I like it.

If it were true, the only homage to our cars on that, would be the doors of course

I don't know what Steve's finances are like, but it takes a LOT of money to bring a new car to the market; even in small numbers.

I'd doubt if he's got the moula to fund a project like that.

It's one thing releasing moderised DMC-12's to the market under the small production numbers act he's been wanting to go through government for years in the US; but taking a brand new car from paper to customer, is a big deal.

However, saying that, Elon managed it, didn't he.  It's not impossible.

A lot of collateral to get you started, and a great deal of financial backing....oh and a charasmatic and inspiring front face to spur folks on, and you might just be on your way.

Remind you of anyone in particular? Wink

Back to the future taught us that history has a tendency to repeat itself.  So you never know....
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Likewise I'm somewhat confused about the whole thing. Knowing DMCH I think I'm more inclined to wait and see something definite before getting exited. Clearly I wish them well but hope it's not just another load of advertising speel as the last 10 lots of 'New DeLorean' have been
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have tried, but I really can't get excited about it. I'm just not into new cars of any description!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I've seen a few mock up 'new' Delorean concept cars over the years and some of them certainly invoke and have styling elements of our beloved classic. This one though, I'd have no clue it's associated with DMC unless you told me. It's a nice looking car, sure, but meh.
It has more similarities with JZD's Gullwing Merc.!

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I was pretty surprised when the teaser dropped, now as far from what I've heard DMCH and DeLorean Reimagined are separate companies but share everything including copyright over the name, logos, ect. as there's a new dmc headquarters being set up for DMR (DeLorean motors Reimagined) and they have a separate CEO, but Stephen is still something like senior vice president for DMR from what i've read on the various FB posts.

I like the Davinci concept, if the DeLorean EVolved (as per hashtag on the vid) is going to use the platform i hope it carries some more similarities other than just the doors, so maybe similar style taillights or stainless body?

my guess is $150-200k price tag
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk