Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from NG17
(29 Mar 2022, 09:54)Mich1958 Wrote:
(28 Mar 2022, 14:14)Guinney1971 Wrote: Looks a nice car!  We're close by to you in NG16, you are welcome to pop over sometime, we've got
#2292 and #  Big Grin  here - although neither on the road at the moment.

Hi Claire

He's in very good condition TBF but not without problems and needing a fair bit of TLC not a full resto as I have been warned (by a higher power not to take anymore cars or bikes to pieces)  Dodgy Ok but something fell off and now I have to put it back on right
Big Grin

I used to admire your cars whenever I drove by, Mum used to live just around the corner in Underwood and I always used to go to her house on Friday for fish n chips from just around the corner from yourself.

I would love to pop in one day when these bits that have fell off have been put back on.  Big Grin

Mich

I know the feeling, plenty of parts "fell off" mine that are being put back on to the relief of my mum and step-dad (since i've taken over 70% of the house with parts lol).

Im probably the 2nd - 3rd closest to yourself, so if you're ever in the chesterfield/ clay cross area and wanna meet another owner then my garage is open Big Grin
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
That was pretty painless compared to some of my other interactions with the DVLA  Smile

Just need some insurance now and bolt those few items back on that fell off  Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

Well after a little investigation into my very poor operating handbrake the answer was obvious  Sad

Is this a standard failure or what  Dodgy completly missing including the bolt so im guessing deliberate.

Attached Files Image(s)

That’s not good at all. The problem you now have there is trying to find a replacement. I’d consider that piece has been robbed rather than fallen off. Unfortunately, the handbrake part of the rear callipers are extremely difficult to source. You may have to get in touch with Houston and see what they have squirrelled away secretly for just such ocassions.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
let me have a look first...I may be able to help.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Guy's 

Thank you Chris for the offer and I thought the same Rissy but it turns out Delorean Go had them in stock so all sorted or it will be when I get them resealed painted and fitted on.

I also ordered new pads as well but these are square not slopping like the drivers side is, Im sure I spotted a post on here regarding the angled pad   Cool

Cheers Mich

Attached Files Image(s)

That was real luck that Arran had just the one you needed! Excellent! That could have been a proper headache otherwise.

You can buy the pads, new, which come chamfered to shape already, even from Ebay, otherwise you can use your other one as template to file down the new one you have there to be close to what's needed, and then a few gentle pulls of the handbrake at slow speed on a private road will finish it off for you. I did the latter before the pre-chamfered ones appeared on the market and I've had a great working hand brake on both sides for years now. I did experiment with other solutions probably around 2010-2011 for the hand brake to bring about a proper mating of the pads to the disc at the required angle with unchamfered pads when I was having a terrible time with handbrake performance and a continuingly troublesome MOT inspector, but I'm not going to dig up that old chestnut again (in case that's the thread you're referring to).
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Glad you are all sorted Mich.. Wink .I have quite a few brake bits if anyone needs anything. Just got my hands all oily for nothing !!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(13 Apr 2022, 08:47)Chris P Wrote: Glad you are all sorted Mich.. Wink .I have quite a few brake bits if anyone needs anything. Just got my hands all oily for nothing !!!

Do you happen to have any of the box arms for the hand brake mechanisms?  Mine have always been broken and held together with cable ties!  (Go on, get yer hands dirty again :Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Here are my bits....the 'box' levers were seriously damaged by a Plater...they should have been stripped down completely first, as they contain delicate bits. I'm sure they could be repaired ..but there you go..

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yeah, that's the bits. In what way were they damaged? Perhaps we should take up this conversation privately rather than hijack Mich's thread....? Sorry Mich.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Hi Guy's and Gals

Finally getting ready to drop the car to the floor sorted the handbrake system seems to work really well now I used a slightly different method of getting the angle on the pad's, I cut two circles of 80 grit glass paper and used some double sided tape to stick them to the discs then rotated the discs and adjusted the large bolt up until they started to sand the pads to shape 5 minutes later boom perfectly matched pads  Big Grin 

So all rear brakes are back on cleaned resealed serviced and refitted undertray's removed cleaned out replaced.

Bumper going back on tomorrow  Dodgy any advice on that aligning it up as it was miles away when I got the car I'm guessing there is some shrinkage in the rubber over the years.

And last question how the heck do you wash it and clean the steelwork afterwards  Huh

Attached Files Image(s)

It looks lovely and clean under there....youve certainly picked a tidy car.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Looking good Mich.

Ref cleaning, a wash with either washing up liquid or car shampoo is fine, give it a good
leather down afterwards.

You can use stuff like Shiny Sinks, Bar Keepers Friend, etc, which are good at a deep clean of the
stainless. I've tried various stainless cleaners over the years, some are better then others, some
leave the metal looking quite dull or streaked.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(03 May 2022, 22:28)Mich1958 Wrote: Hi Guy's and Gals

Finally getting ready to drop the car to the floor sorted the handbrake system seems to work really well now I used a slightly different method of getting the angle on the pad's, I cut two circles of 80 grit glass paper and used some double sided tape to stick them to the discs then rotated the discs and adjusted the large bolt up until they started to sand the pads to shape 5 minutes later boom perfectly matched pads  Big Grin 

So all rear brakes are back on cleaned resealed serviced and refitted undertray's removed cleaned out replaced.

Bumper going back on tomorrow  Dodgy any advice on that aligning it up as it was miles away when I got the car I'm guessing there is some shrinkage in the rubber over the years.

And last question how the heck do you wash it and clean the steelwork afterwards  Huh
Damn that's one clean underside Cool putting me to shame on cleanliness of my underside (that's what i get for not having a lift Confused ).

i still got to fit my rear fascia but still got other bits left like sorting my now dead oil pressure gauge  Angry , axle boots and other odd ends

in regards to cleaning ive used WD40 for 3 of my panels that had paint on and they came up as nice as you expect from a scuffed up door and rear panel haha
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk