Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear 5th Dec 2021
So.. who else caught the Chris Harris segment on the DeLorean on Top Gear last night?

A 'mixed review', at best..!!

Thoughts?

Ivan..
(06 Dec 2021, 10:35)lordivanhoe Wrote: So.. who else caught the Chris Harris segment on the DeLorean on Top Gear last night?

Thoughts?

Ivan..

Yes I did cant say i was happy with the comments terrible car, terrible handling, a accident waiting to happen, what he fails to say is its a car designed in the late 70s. What car from that era was fast and handled well.

Simon
(06 Dec 2021, 11:02)samp5679 Wrote:
(06 Dec 2021, 10:35)lordivanhoe Wrote: So.. who else caught the Chris Harris segment on the DeLorean on Top Gear last night?

Thoughts?

Ivan..

Yes I did cant say i was happy with the comments terrible car, terrible handling, a accident waiting to happen, what he fails to say is its a car designed in the late 70s. What car from that era was fast and handled well.

Simon
Quite! Maybe not the last word in handling, but I thought 'accident waiting to happen' was quite strong!!  Not the best thing to hear him say whilst i'm sat there with the missus..!!   Dodgy
I've just plucked up courage to watch it. Classic 'shit sandwich'. Good bit, bad bit, good bit.

Shock horror: not every new car uses 100% bespoke new components! Don't know exactly what is meant to he wrong with Scirocco glove box lid catches?

Not as bad as I was expecting. But still not great.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Typical TV / BBC job.....but not too bad.....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
TBF I didn't think it was to bad, there have been many worse features on the car over the years and it did give some of the back history (quiet accurately) that this type of program often miss out on. All good exposure, just a shame he couldn't get the car into 2nd gear!
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584