Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGo Cat bypass / exhaust test pipe kit.. easy/good?
Looks like the shiny option, rather than brushed. Hence the rust. I know a few people who’ve expressed difficulty and problems with that offering. Only 2nd hand information of course, but does make you wonder why the sale so soon after buying. They’ve only been around a few years after all. Is it due to difficulty/problems/rust/other? Maybe worth asking them?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I don't like to 'diss' products supplied, however there are lots of reports of there being issues and problems with these and many replacements/returns. Hopefully this is just teething problems and may only apply to certain ones. However I would certainly ask the seller for an honest reason as to why they have removed it and what it's been replaced with for reference.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'm not "dissing" either. Just sharing hear-say for others to filter into their considerations. It's just human nature to comment on the bad before the good. I'm sure there have been many sales of all the exhaust offerings, and like with most products, it's just a few occurrences in each case where people have had less than positive experience. It's unavoidable. Nothing is perfect.

My own exhaust wasn't without its hassles either. Bolt holes not aligning properly. Flanges not meeting square on. etc. I think we've all had these issues TBH. It seems that the only way to get one perfect, is to have it built and welded together ON your car, which obviously isn't the easiest to do for either the maker, or the owner. That's why they tend to do it once, and then use the initial one as a template to make up jigs, but it doesn't take many small deviations away from exact measurements of the copies or the jig to be ever so slightly out to then cause magnified headaches for the person fitting the result from that to their car later on.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
As I'm having a completely different engine, I'll need a bespoke system, so I'll
arrange to get mine done at MIJ in Birmingham, they build and fit while you wait,
so I'll just trailer the car down and leave them to work their magic.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote: However I would certainly ask the seller for an honest reason as to why they have removed it and what it's been replaced with for reference.
It's also worthwhile noting the seller is selling a few other low mileage parts so they may well be a genuine reason behind the sale.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584