Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POOR COLD TICK OVER
Hi  in the middle of a restoration project on my Delorean that has sat for a couple of years, Have clean/changed most of the fuel line and fuel distributor  I could do with so help on "set up" as it runs like a pig till its really warm
Good luck with that....lots of possibilities ....what part of the country are you in?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Have you checked / replaced the Warm Up Regulator?

Also known as a Control Pressure Regulator (WUR/CPR)
DOC 116
VIN 6237
(25 Aug 2021, 13:20)Chris P Wrote: Good luck with that....lots of possibilities ....what part of the country are you in?

Im in the Bournemouth area
(25 Aug 2021, 13:53)Stuart Rees Wrote: Have you checked / replaced the Warm Up Regulator?

Also known as a Control Pressure Regulator (WUR/CPR)

Hi  Is there a way to check if the Control Pressure Regulator is working?

Would this effect cold starting?

Cheers  W
It's almost certainly your warm up regulator (CPR)

Take off your air box and start the car from cold. Whilst it's ticking over very fractionally press the metering flap and see if the idle improves. If it does, it's most likely the CPR.

To do a proper test you need a pressure gauge connected between the inlet of the CPR and the top of the metering head.

The process is detailed in the workshop manual if you have one..?
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
(26 Aug 2021, 12:24)Rich H Wrote: It's almost certainly your warm up regulator (CPR)

Take off your air box and start the car from cold. Whilst it's ticking over very fractionally press the metering flap and see if the idle improves. If it does, it's most likely the CPR.

To do a proper test you need a pressure gauge connected between the inlet of the CPR and the top of the metering head.

Hi Richard is there any way of repairing the CPR?
Thanks  Wil

(26 Aug 2021, 12:24)Rich H Wrote: It's almost certainly your warm up regulator (CPR)

Hi Richard is there any way of repairing the CPR?
Thanks  Wil
Good advise from Richard. You can get into the CPR but I wouldn't know how to repair one.
I just got a refurbished one from Ed Uding in Holland and sent my old one back as a core exchange.

[Image: vBMkruCIX2hf8zwxWOEKnRZENcoFQnDWYmjZ-iGZ...authuser=0]
DOC 116
VIN 6237