Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Chronology/Registry
Hello DOC-UK members. 

As Administrator of the DeLorean Registry, we at the Texas DMC club believe our database is near complete with (currently) 8845 VINs and lots of attribute information about each car (configuration, engines swaps, paint, RHD, etc.).  Questions such as ‘How many VINs are in the UK’, and ‘How many are setup for RHD’ can be answered.

But, I am also in search of missing VINs, and attribute information for other VINs that we do have but don’t have information for.  This thread will be for posing updates (new and corrections) if you are so inclined.  I will monitor this thread for updates.

I also am the Administrator of the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD), which is a database of VIN owner contact information provided by owners themselves on a completely volunteer basis.  The DOD contains the most up-to-date, verified, and accurate contact information out there, with over 1000 entries.  This modern list is a derivative of the original DeLorean directory created by James Espey (founder of DMC-News, the DeLorean Mailing List) back in 1995.  If you have not already joined, please do so at your convenience.  Thank you for your consideration.

Here is a quick list of links:  
I’d also like to remind everyone that there is a DeLorean Mobile App for Android users.  It can be used to look up any VIN on file.  Additionally, if you are a member of the DOD, you can lookup contact information for other owners, and conduct direct VIN-to-VIN messaging with them.

The Mobile App has some other features, like displaying global statistics, and sending updates or messages/comments directly from your phone to the Administrator.  The world’s only DeLorean VIN Mobile App is offered free of advertisements, and you can get it free of charge Here.

Regards and thanks.

Thomas Kidd
tak (at) citizenkidd dot com

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here
Hi Thomas,

I remember this website from many years ago. I tried to have the information on my car updated, but never got a response, and the details on the page never changed. I wasn't aware of being able to sign in yourself and update the database. I did see that you could fill in the form for a new record, rather than update an existing record (due to change of ownership of the vehicle. The result is that my car has been in my hands for nearly 12yrs, and your database is still exhibiting information from at least 14 or more years ago.

How does one get around that?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(13 Aug 2021, 15:48)Rissy Wrote: Hi Thomas,

I remember this website from many years ago.  I tried to have the information on my car updated, but never got a response, and the details on the page never changed.  I wasn't aware of being able to sign in yourself and update the database.  I did see that you could fill in the form for a new record, rather than update an existing record (due to change of ownership of the vehicle.  The result is that my car has been in my hands for nearly 12yrs, and your database is still exhibiting information from at least 14 or more years ago.

How does one get around that?

Hi Rissy,

For VIN 1458, the previous owner information was deleted from the DOD when that person did not respond to my (nearly) annual call for owner verification.  Thus, you should be able to add your information any time as if new. 

Here is the link.  Then select Submit Info near upper right.  You should get an email verification to which you should respond to.  Let me know if you have any problems.  After that, you can select View/Update to update your own information any time.  You will need to input your own password each time you make an update, or to delete.

Unfortunately, owners who sell their car rarely come back to delete their info from the DOD, so it only happens if they respond to the annual request for verification, or if their email address kicks back as invalid.

Thanks for responding to this thread!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I've entered my details as instructed above, and received/reacted to the confirmation email, but i think there is a problem.

You ask for the last 5 digits of people's VIN#s, so of course I entered 01458.

If I go to the following linked "list" page, and scroll down, you can find my car, but it's under 1458, not 01458, and indeed the location has been updated to Rugby on that page. But if I click 1458, it then takes me to the page for 1458, which is still populated with old information, including the location being Surrey (2 owners ago). here: http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vin...start=1458

If I then enter another Vin under "Find another Vin:" and type 01458, it makes no difference, my newly inserted information never appears.
http://www.citizenkidd.com/dod/pages/dod...&d3=A&d4=A

I also cannot find a way of logging in to be able to see my personal information that i've submitted, or any other options relating to completing the sort of information you see on the above pages relating to the car. i.e. uploading pictures, adjusting mileage or physical characteristics of the car, notes etc.

I'm pretty certain as I said, that I've been through all this about 10 years ago, and gave up. I'm sensing the same situation now, as back then...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
(14 Aug 2021, 07:47)Rissy Wrote: [snip]

I also cannot find a way of logging in to be able to see my personal information that i've submitted, or any other options relating to completing the sort of information you see on the above pages relating to the car. i.e. uploading pictures, adjusting mileage or physical characteristics of the car, notes etc.

Ok, I'm looking into that problem right now.  Will post back when fixed.

In the mean time, to see your own personal information, select "View/Update" (near upper-right corner), then enter your VIN and password (it does not matter entering 3,4 or 5 digits).  There really is no logging on, you simply supply your VIN & password when you Add/Update/Delete.

Thomas

(14 Aug 2021, 12:57)Citizen Wrote: Ok, I'm looking into that problem right now.  Will post back when fixed.

Should be fixed now.  Thanks for pointing out that bug.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thomas

Found my car, I think I need to update its location, frame number and details of its engine, as its having a V8 conversion at the moment.

http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vin...tart=02292
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(15 Aug 2021, 21:42)Guinney1971 Wrote: I think I need to update its location, frame number and details of its engine, as its having a V8 conversion at the moment.

Feel free to email me, or PM me, or post right here at any time.

Thomas
tak (at) citizenkidd dot com

PM Sent
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Thomas, thanks for looking into my previous issue. I see you've updated some of my details. I did as you've suggested, and clicked on View/Update to finish the job (although it seems certain aspects of information for our cars is still locked off from edit - is this always the case i.e. bonnet style, frame number etc).

Now i'm also wondering how I upload photos to populate those fields. It's not obvious.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
(16 Aug 2021, 09:33)Rissy Wrote: Hi Thomas,  thanks for looking into my previous issue.  I see you've updated some of my details.  I did as you've suggested, and clicked on View/Update to finish the job (although it seems certain aspects of information for our cars is still locked off from edit - is this always the case i.e. bonnet style, frame number etc).

Now i'm also wondering how I upload photos to populate those fields.  It's not obvious.

Thanks for asking these questions.  It gives me a chance to explain why VIN tracking is the way it is.

You are correct, some aspects of information are not (currently) offered on the Update page.  This is because these items mostly came from the original Chronology and rarely change (for example: there may be only one bonnet or frame change/update every few years or so).  So, for frame and bonnet aspects, please just email or pm me.  Or, just post here (that's the reason I started this thread).  Location,email and preference changes happen more often, so they can easily be maintained by owners themselves.

For photos, I found it nearly impossible to control picture sizes, aspect ratios, cropping, water marks, viruses, trolls, etc. with the great diversity of people/countries around the world who want to upload.  The image section of the VIN display page is designed to show uniqueness of a particular VIN.  Not, say, 10 pictures of an exterior that looks exactly like thousands of other DeLoreans out there.  Thus, we usually show only one photo each of things like exterior, interior, engine, window sticker, door-plate, dash-plate, cave painting and one optional photo.  This keeps each unique VIN display page special.

So, I request people just send me their photos via email, so I can water-mark them, and control the other things I mentioned.

Thanks to all for your understanding regarding this.

Thomas
VIN 1867 needs adding to the UK list (Oswestry, Shropshire).
Mine too. It was on the old VIN list since 2004 but it seems to have disappeared.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(17 Aug 2021, 13:43)Justwatching Wrote: VIN 1867 needs adding to the UK list (Oswestry, Shropshire).

Updated.

(17 Aug 2021, 19:48)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Mine too. It was on the old VIN list since 2004 but it seems to have disappeared.

If you're referring to the electronic version of the list for the United Kingdom, VIN 6126 is on the list, showing Derbyshire, England, UK.  Let me know if you're referring to something else, we'll get it fixed.