Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Show Nr Tunbridge Wells, 5th Sept 2021 (please read)
Good evening Chris

It was really good to speak with you this evening about DeLoreans, and thank you for your time.

As discussed, we would very much like to extend an invitation to your Sussex and Kent DeLorean owners to please consider attending our fund raising Classics and Supercar Car Show that I am co-organising for the Hospice In The Weald which will be held on Sunday 5th September between 2pm-6pm. Please do forward this email to those Sussex and Kent owners.

The Hospice, as it is known as locally, provides free of charge palliative care to terminal ill patients across the High Weald area which covers northern East Sussex and West Kent. The Hospice relies on volunteers' fund raising to supplement its income, so I am very pleased to be able to contribute in any way that I am able to. Please see the attached Hospice In The Weald website link https://www.hospiceintheweald.org.uk for more information on how the Hospice helps our local community.

Why am I volunteering to help the Hospice? Well, my family received incredible, attentive, warm and compassionate Hospice support, and absolutely nothing was too much trouble to their caring staff when one of my immediate family members was recently terminally ill and in a dreadful condition. So I just want to give something back. And having considered what exactly I can do to contribute and where my passions lie, and that I am a passionate car owner and enthusiast, with a network of owners of various classics and supercars, it is an obvious choice for me to organise a car event. I also see that this will be twofold, in that the Show will provide an extremely enjoyable time to all those attending, and at the same time it will help to raise funds for this amazing organisation. 

The Car Show will be strictly invitation only and entrance will be by ticket to car owners and their passengers. So the Show will not be open to the general public and will not be advertised. It will be held on the private estate of a Hospice Honorary Vice President which is also the lady's private residence. We expect to have in the region of 60 cars attending from the 1920s through to present day. There will also be an antique 1906 car which takes part in the annual London to Brighton rally! We just ask for a donation of £30 per car which goes entirely to the Hospice.

Please see attached a copy of the ticket-invitation that we will post to owners who have confirmed that they will be attending - entrance will be by this ticket only.

It will be a very special event on this estate situated in a breathtakingly stunning East Sussex country location. The nearest town is Tunbridge Wells which is 8 miles away. The estate which is also a stud farm is set in a beautiful rural location in the heart of the Ashdown Forest which is an area of outstanding natural beauty. It is beautifully maintained with manicured gardens - just a perfect setting for this event. Guests will also be able to wander around the various garden sections such as the water garden and the tree avenue. The cars will be displayed around the gardens and paddock which are set in front of the house, which is at the far end of a quarter of a mile long drive from the country lane entrance. We are extremely fortunate that the owner and her husband are happy to stage the Car Show at their home. Her husband is in fact himself a huge car enthusiast having owned (and still owns) many amazing and interesting cars over the years. He was also a keen and I understand accomplished amateur rally driver, having only recently stopped competing due to his co-driver reaching his 90th birthday and retiring! 

The Hospice staff will be on hand to serve afternoon tea on the lawn overlooking the Ashdown Forest and there will be washroom facilities adjacent to the garden and paddock. There will also be a raffle with some fantastic prizes.

This really will be a fabulous afternoon, and I believe that if your local DeLorean members would be able to attend, that they will have a hugely enjoyable afternoon amongst like minded souls. Also, to have a DeLorean on show would be absolutely befitting of the venue and occasion.

I will be only too happy to provide more details to those owners who would be keen to attend and support us. I very much look forward to receiving your fellow owners reply with anticipation that I can tempt them into joining us for what will be a memorable afternoon for an incredibly well deserving local cause.

Yours sincerely, Simon

Simon Crockford

crockford.simon@yahoo.co.uk
 07808 008888
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
what a lovely sounding event, I hope a few members from the area can attend and raise money for
a very worthy cause.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie