Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christmas Present..?
Here's one for y'all;

Anyone heard/seen the rumours about new LEGO set 10290, due to be released on September 1st this year (allegedly)..?
A quick search on Google should entertain you!
Happily for me, my birthday is a mere 2 days later.  No prizes for guessing what's on my list!  Big Grin

In (the likely!) case not everyone is quite such a Lego nerd as myself, I recommend going to the official online Lego shop (lego.com) and signing up to their 'VIP' program..  sometimes you can get access to new sets quicker than the general public, so well worth being on board just in case the rumours are true!  Wink

Apologies to anyone who's not a Lego fan for taking up forum space.  For me the love of Lego pre-dates even the love of a DeLorean!!   Tongue

Just in case my nearest and dearest don't see me right, I'm going to start saving up what's left of my pocket money..

Happy shopping, everyone!
If Lego's Ecto1 set is anything to go by - the BTTF DeLorean should be amazing!

Cant wait!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
(29 Jun 2021, 13:27)Derfel Wrote: If Lego's Ecto1 set is anything to go by - the BTTF DeLorean should be amazing!

Cant wait!

Did you get it?  Brilliant!  Have to admit with some shame that I did get it but haven't built it yet!! 
Waiting for a really, really rainy day  :-D
Yep, really looking forward to this one!
I hope it's better than the first atrocity. The first one was clearly "designed" by people who clearly either hate BTTF and/or DeLoreans, or have quite frankly never seen one or the other in their existence on this planet. Simply smacks of a ruthless ill-thought-out cash grab rather than a celebratory homage to LEGO and BTTF fans alike.

By comparison, the Playmobil stuff has been given the caring loving attention that one would expect to see from people who love the movie series, and possibly even the car itself.

...I wonder now if LEGO themselves have felt ashamed at their first effort and decided to try and do it properly a second time around after being simply humiliated by seeing other toy manufacturers efforts, such as Playmobil.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
This is my Lego UCS build, it sits on my shelf now in a display case and my 6 year old does NOT get to play with it Wink

https://imgur.com/gallery/XPj3sAn

It was expensive sourcing everything through Bricklink, but it was for my 40th so I had a good excuse.
(29 Jun 2021, 14:50)mattjeh Wrote: This is my Lego UCS build, it sits on my shelf now in a display case and my 6 year old does NOT get to play with it Wink

It was expensive sourcing everything through Bricklink, but it was for my 40th so I had a good excuse.

Now THAT, is more like it.  THAT is how it should be done.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(29 Jun 2021, 13:43)lordivanhoe Wrote:
(29 Jun 2021, 13:27)Derfel Wrote: If Lego's Ecto1 set is anything to go by - the BTTF DeLorean should be amazing!

Cant wait!

Did you get it?  Brilliant!  Have to admit with some shame that I did get it but haven't built it yet!! 

Yes - got one for my son. He built it in less than one day! 

It's a great model and a decent size as well!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
(29 Jun 2021, 15:13)Rissy Wrote:
(29 Jun 2021, 14:50)mattjeh Wrote: This is my Lego UCS build, it sits on my shelf now in a display case and my 6 year old does NOT get to play with it Wink

Now THAT, is more like it.  THAT is how it should be done.

Great work, Mattjeh!  I am super impressed.  Great SNOT work, too.  Not a technique I've really mastered yet, I'm much too old-school in my approach.  Fantastic!

(30 Jun 2021, 09:29)Derfel Wrote:
(29 Jun 2021, 13:43)lordivanhoe Wrote:

Cant wait!

Yes - got one for my son. He built it in less than one day! 

It's a great model and a decent size as well!

I might wait until I actually see the new film, and then make it!   Cool
I never did rate Lego's first effort at a DeLorean, and totally agree with Rissy, the Playmobil stuff
is really good, and worth the money. I've got Marty's truck on my Xmas list!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(30 Jun 2021, 21:54)Guinney1971 Wrote: I never did rate Lego's first effort at a DeLorean, and totally agree with Rissy, the Playmobil stuff
is really good, and worth the money.  I've got Marty's truck on my Xmas list!

Oh, you folks are really tempting me now - been watching that Playmobil D for ages now and the price is currently less than £30 on Amazon, keep wondering whether or not to pull the trigger.. perhaps I can buy it 'for my daughter*'..!!  :-D

(*my younger daughter is actually a big BTTF/Delorean fan - her reaction the day Bess turned up was amazing!  So this would be totally believable..  )