Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Museum/show, Belper. Derbyshire. 30th August 2021
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/whats-o...n=sharebar
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Phill is trying to see if he can get Sorbet back on the road in time, the rear brakes are nearly on,
just need to sort out an MOT and a few running issues, as she's not been on the road for at least
4 years.

As I said earlier though, we'll deffo be coming along (all 4 of us), so if you could add my Cavalier,
G936GNV to the entry list, it would be appreciated.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris, did you manage to blag any extra spots members that can't bring their DeLorean? I still want to come, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to risk a long journey with the transmission issues I'm having.
Anyone who arrives in a DeLorean, including the passenger is entitled to free entry .to the museum and display...and even some free food!

If you arrive in a modern car, and bring your club membership card, and are happy to answer the publics questions, they will probably admit you to the museum at a time convenient to them, i'm not sure about charging.....we will have to play that by ear.

It would be nice to get as many cars as possible...put on a good show..and all that.

I'm still working on my car, just now fitting a new metering head!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Would really like to go but not sure what state the car or I'll be in (busy weekend). If there's still space for a D, what time can you arrive?
If you are in a DeLorean, arrive anytime after 9.00 and you will be fine. There is bags of space.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hey guys. I'll be coming to this. Think Claire has already passed on my details to you, Chris. John Wace. Reg XYB722W. Looking forward to it Smile
Yes indeed John...look forward to meeting you in a weeks time.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
5222 would attend if she could but I'll be arriving in the fiesta instead  Tongue
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Right then Folk......I've lost count of how many are now coming on Monday......but its a good few now!  Big Grin

The Weather looks Dry.....its a free event that you don't need to book in.....just turn up in your DeLorean.....and the driver and passenger will be offered a free tour of the museum and free nosh!  You cant say much better than that!

Other club members are also welcome, if you bring your current club ID you may be able to blag a tour the museum as well....subject to crowds....you can certainly look at all the cars , which will be parked up outside and chat with other club members.   Bring a packed lunch and have a free day out, amongst fellow car enthusiasts. Big Grin 

My Right hander, now sporting its newly recovered Reg. AXI 1699, should also be there.....in fact it will be for sale! Sick  

(please don't ask why......but in a nut-shell...i've had it over 3 years and during a very difficult period of my family life and i've simply got too much money and emotion invested in it. I still have two other cheaper classic cars, which I will be swopping regularily, as I have done for many years. I seem to get most of my fun from fixing my cars up, rather than driving them. I also want.......as the Politicians say ....." to spend more time with my (remaining) family"....

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
[attachment=1170]Our local paper has given the event another plug.   Should be a good day! Big Grin

[attachment=1171]

I wouldn't let him pour lighter fuel near my car.......so they used their own!  With a few of my old BTTF accessories.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'm not so sure i'm happy with people regarding it as a free for all being given as a right to sit in a DeLorean (without consent of course). I've had many things broken (some still broken through unavailability of replacements) in my car through people jumping in and out and using it as a bouncy castle (particularly kids).
People need very little excuse to think they have the right to help themselves to someone else property just because it's been left open / it's a DeLorean.
So i'll be keeping a watchful eye on my car and keeping it locked when i'm not around it. Sorry to be a party pooper and all that but people have brought it upon themselves through my personal experiences over the past 12yrs.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Its only the Museum's own car that people will be allowed to sit in! Not ours....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I took a neighbour for a spin in mine recently. Lovely lady, always been in awe of the car since she saw it. When she got out and closed the door at the end, she noticed the big hand print she had made on the door, and started frantically scrubbing it with the sleeve of her denim jacket. It was painful to watch. I was praying the metal studs on her cuffs weren't coming into contact with the panel ?‍♂️?
Car all cleaned up today, and now a 50:50 mixture of Momentum 99 and Premium in the tank since this is my first fill up since E10 came in for Premium (break her in gently!). Fingers crossed that sees me through ok. Next tank will be full Momentum 99. Gulp. Lets see how she handles THAT GO juice!

Looking forwad to seeing everyone tomorrow. Safe journey everyone and we'll see you there! Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)