Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request from Silverstone/Motul Oils
I've had the following email, is anyone interested in this offer?  It will mean your car being at Silverstone for the full 3 days of the event, but hey if you are getting a free service out of it.....

If you are interested, please PM me and I'll pass your details onto Neil.

Claire Wright
Club Treasurer.

Hi Claire

Motul is one of this year’s Silverstone Classic sponsors. They are looking for a DeLorean which needs a bit of TLC, one that hasn’t run for a while and requires a little nourishing and encouragement with a basic tune-up but not an extensive rebuild.

Motul would like to assist with the following:
  • Oil/fluids change (Engine Oil, transmission oil, Coolant, Brake fluid, etc.) whilst everything is kept tidy and clean in the engine bay with Motul Workshop product (parts cleaner, brake cleaner, etc.)

• Sparkplugs, sparkplug leads/cables, distributor cap, distributor rotor replacement

• Air filter change

The DeLorean will need to be on the Motul stand for all three days of this year’s Classic.

Are there any suitable candidates?

Look forward to hearing back from you on this.

Thanks

Neil

Neil Carr-Jones | Senior Event Manager | Goose Live Events Worldwide 

Sweetapple House, Catteshall Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 3DJ  
DDI: +44 (0) 1483 52 44 46     T: +44 (0) 1483 52 44 00     M: +44 (0) 7876 181215     W: www.goose.co.uk 

Goose Live Events Limited.  Registered in England No: 05113167. Registered Office: Priory House, Pilgrims Court, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ha! Not letting them near my engine settings. Taken me long enough to seemingly get it right after my VOD work in 2015! I literally last week just washed out and reoiled my K&N air filter too. My engine oil/filter has less than 1200 miles on it. Hydraulic fluids were put in fresh last year and it's done zero miles since then! etc etc. I could go on, but i guess the gist of the response from me, is nah. I want to drive it. It's been getting worked on since 2018. It's had enough for a while. Plus with my nice newly working AC on the car, it'd be a shame not to get some use out of that during the course of the club weekend too. 8-)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)