Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concours d'Elegance event, Bamburgh Castle 3rd July 2021
Dear Sir, Madam, and Car Club representative,

Please excuse my unsolicited e-mail, but I am a regular independent organiser and consultant to a number of celebrated and renowned classic car Concours d'Elegance events, both here in the UK (including the annual Goodwood Cartier 'Style et Luxe' and Salon Privé at Blenheim Palace), as well as numerous international classic vehicle events in countries as diverse as France, Switzerland, Malta and the USA. 

I am writing to you and your Car Club (particularly any of your members and colleagues based in the North East of England region) as in just over six weeks time (Saturday 3rd JulyGovernmental on-going Covid-19 regulations willing, and apologies for the short notice!), an exciting and stylish new motoring Concours d'Elegance event will be exclusively staged within the historic grounds of the stunning Bamburgh Castle, standing guard above the spectacular Northumberland coastline in the scenic village of Bamburgh. 

The inaugural Bamburgh Castle Concours will feature around 30 vehicles, on static display within the Castle grounds, split into five themed Concours classes, broken down by country (these being British [possibly split by sports cars and saloons], French, German, Italian and American vehicles) with around six cars per class, spanning a wide range of eras (from pre-war to modern classics) and vehicle types, as per the more detailed makes and models below. During the afternoon, an exciting classic rally car tour and display, supported by the local North East prestige new car dealer group JCT600, will culminate at Bamburgh Castle to join the Concours cars and activities at the event.

If you, or any of your Club members and colleagues, would like to enter a suitable classic vehicle for consideration for the first Bamburgh Castle Concours, free of charge, in the first instant please kindly send me a photograph and details of the car by email (to garyxonautomotive@gmail.com), and the Bamburgh Castle Concours selection committee will assess the vehicle and its suitability for this exclusive event, and then get back to each applicant with more details.

Free to enter for each of the selected Concours cars (with entry including a minimum of two Castle entry tickets, refreshments and lunch, with participants free to tour the Castle grounds and take a relaxing walk on the beach), Concours vehicle entrants will be asked to make staggered arrival at the Castle from 10am onwards, with all Concours display vehicles in place by 11am please, and prize giving and Concours vehicle exits permissible from 5:30pm onwards, with the added bonus of free entrance ticket(s) to a live, one-off rally forum with rallying legends Jimmy McRae, Lewis Aitkin-Walker, Rosemary Smith and famed racing driver Barry Lee in the evening. A cashless pay bar and award-winning fish and chip supper will be available during the late afternoon/evening for sustenance whilst listening to what promises to be a fascinating and fun informal live Forum chat; the perfect end to a perfect day out surrounded by interesting and beautiful cars in an exceptional setting. 

In addition to the competition cars (in action and on static display), classic cars and supercars, as already mentioned, a key attraction at Bamburgh Castle on Saturday 3rd July will be the exclusive Concours d'Elegance, with the five dedicated Concours classes having an international flavour, being broken down to interesting classic cars representing the following countries and local marques, for example:

-British Marques: (e.g. Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Daimler, Aston Martin, Rover, Triumph, Jensen, Bristol, Lotus, Alvis, MG, AC, Mini, Austin, Morgan, Morris, Rootes Group, Austin-Healey, Reliant, Armstrong Siddeley, Land Rover, Marcos, Vauxhall, Riley, TVR, Jowett, Panther, Ginetta, etc.) 
-German Marques: (e.g. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Opel, NSU, DKW, Borgward, Messerscmitt, Glas, Ford D, Adler, Maybach, etc.)
-Italian Marques: (e.g. Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, De Tomaso, ISO, Abarth, Innocenti, Autobianchi, Cisitalia, etc.)
-French Marques: (e.g. Citroen, Renault, Peugeot, Bugatti, Alpine, Matra, Panhard, Simca, Delage, Amilcar, Delahaye, Talbot, Facel Vega, etc.)
-American Marques: (e.g. Cadillac, Pontiac, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Lincoln, Studebaker, AMC, Plymouth, Nash, Oldsmobile, Buick, Chrysler, Edsel, etc.) 

Nice, original and presentable examples of any suitable vehicles from the above guidance list will be very welcome to apply for a potential Bamburgh Castle Concours entry free of charge, with all vehicle owners being advised if their car(s) has/have been gratefully accepted or declined for this exclusive motoring event.  As previously stated, as well as receiving a number of free entrance passes into the event, all Concours participants will be provided with lunch and refreshments on the day, plus a prize for the overall coverted Concours 'Best of Show' winner.  

If your vehicle is accepted for the inaugural Bamburgh Castle Concours, finalised information, including the passes and Joining Instructions, will be emailed to you ahead of the event on Saturday 3 July 2021* (*Covid-19 restrictions willing)

Thank you for your time, interest, and for helping to spread the word about this exciting new Concours event in the North East of England with your car club colleagues (especially those based geographically not too far from Bamburgh). I very much look forward to receiving and reviewing all of the potential vehicle entries from you and your car club colleagues and friends. 

Kind regards,

Gary Axon

Gary Axon Automotive, on behalf of the 2021 Bamburg Castle Concours
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
One for the Scottish lads this one I suspect.

Although "Concours d'Elegance". Does this still apply if it's a DeLorean? Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I just read that Indiana Jones 5 is expected to commence shooting around this very castle from next week onwards. Not sure how long they'll be there for. I guess they'll be gone by the time the car show is on, but if not, then participants may get a glimpse of the Fedora wearing hero himself! How exciting! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Bamburgh castle is an awesome spot, wish I was closer - could almost be tempted though I can't normally be bothered with concourse. Cleaning the insides of the tyre treads with an ear bud anyone?!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(03 Jun 2021, 10:29)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Bamburgh castle is an awesome spot, wish I was closer - could almost be tempted though I can't normally be bothered with concourse. Cleaning the insides of the tyre treads with an ear bud anyone?!

Ha! yeah right. Big Grin You can't get right into the corners of the treads with an ear bud properly. I use a toothpick.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Quote:I just read that Indiana Jones 5 is expected to commence shooting around this very castle from next week onwards.
Ohh interesting, wasn't aware of a No5

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584