Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN #2045 (Bessie) Is Here!
Out of interest..

How many other painted DeLoreans are kicking around?
(both generally, and in the UK, if anyone knows)
And; any other black ones?

Just wondering how much of an outlier I've got!
:-D

improved air box repair..

Attached Files Image(s)

[attachment=1096][attachment=1095]

I think its 2 or 3 last time I heard, but its only a guesstimate ....some have a habit of going back to stainless!

I had one that was clear lacquered ...which I stripped off...Flashy the Red interior RHD....or the Barmouth car as it was also known

.[attachment=1094]
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(22 Jun 2021, 12:11)Chris P Wrote: I think its 2 or 3 last time I heard, but its only a guesstimate ....some have a habit of going back to stainless!

I had one that was clear lacquered ...which I stripped off...Flashy the Red interior RHD....or the Barmouth car as it was also known

Lol!  Now that's a statement interior!!
Interesting photo that (and great plate, BTW) - looks like there's some DRLs going on there, what's the story with those?  A 'regular' modification?
One of 3 out of maybe 300 is deffo in the outlier zone.. Not quite enough to form special interest sub-club, even!!  :-D
https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/delorean/dmc-12/

2 black, 1 red, but I don't think this covers vehicles SORN.
(25 Jun 2021, 14:57)acmetowers Wrote: https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/delorean/dmc-12/

2 black, 1 red, but I don't think this covers vehicles SORN.

Cheers, cool info!
Only 140 MoT'd overall - wow, less than I thought..
Have a great weekend, all!
My best guess is there are about 300-400 in the UK......but many are in museums and private collections, so are hardly ever driven.

BTW I soon removed that number from the car and it went back to its original SIJ number. It just didn't need it..it detracted from it.

The next owner had all the red stripped out!!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:My best guess is there are about 300-400 
4-500 now mate.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
AT LAST!
DVLA finally got through their massive backlog, and today #2045 was finally (after months!) awarded a valid Registration Number...
Henceforth MKU 478 W.
Hurrah!!
Plates ordered with one-day delivery, got some tidying up to do, but tomorrow, (fingers and everything else crossed!), she rides!!!
:-D
Excellent news. It's a major landmark. 

Now you just need to think of a suitable acronym!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Kustard?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
MKU - me old mukka?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
So, just an update in case anyone's interested..
Have done a number of runs in Bessie over the past few months, gradually going further/faster/longer, incrementally, to see how she does.
All having been well so far, this Monday I actually drove her to my office.
Which, given I live near High Wycombe and my office is in Peterborough, is a 2x80 mile trip!
Good variety of roads on the route (via Milton Keynes) including M-way, and a nice secure car park at the Peterbro end as well..

Good news: 
She ran beautifully all the way, nice and comfortable, and engine temperature (about which I'm paranoid!) was very healthy and pretty steady throughout.
Got lots of looks and thumbs up from the general public! ;-)

Bad news: 
i/ fuel gauge inaccurate despite new DGo fuel sender (however, they've kindly given me some tips on how that might be sorted, so I just need to get on with that!);
ii/ Speedo (which I was so pleased was working!) packed up!  So now I guess I need to look into the dreaded angle thingy..
iii/ Amusingly, at one junction I came away with what I think was a Ferrari 360 behind me - I think everyone thought it was an 80's road trip! That's not the bad news, obvs - at the next set of lights he came alongside and motioned for a chat.  Cool, thinks I, a bit of mutual admiration forthcoming..?  Not so much.  "Do you know one of your brake lights isn't working?", he says, before roaring off into the distance..!  :-D

Still a win for the day overall, though, I think.  Really happy with that, now looking forward to the spring and summer and maybe getting to some car meets as well as some other trips in her!  And in the meantime, some bits of tinkering to be getting on with.

Roll on the better weather...
That's the point of doing little trips to iron out all the little niggles. Angle drive can be a number of things (as you will find out) from the plastic cap/hat to the drive itself/either cable drives etc.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584