Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean eyebrows
Hi Guys
how are you dealing with the eye brows on the delorean where the headlamp heat misshapes the front panel ??

Simon
Its a misconception that heat from the headlights causes the warp. The warp always starts over the headlight thats hardly ever used so its not the headlights that cause it (i also dont think they produce enough heat anyway). Also to back up this, many owners do not drive their cars at night so dont have their headlights on often and still get some warping.

As for fixing it, theres various videos on YouTube. Most require the fascia to be removed but i have seen one where theyre fixed with them still in place. However no reinforcement can be made and they likely will warp again over time. Personally i kinda like the look but when i come to get mine painted, i will be reinforcing them and returning back to flat before hand.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(07 May 2021, 11:25)DMC1983 Wrote: Its a misconception that heat from the headlights causes the warp. The warp always starts over the headlight thats hardly ever used so its not the headlights that cause it (i also dont think they produce enough heat anyway). Also to back up this, many owners do not drive their cars at night so dont have their headlights on often and still get some warping.

As for fixing it, theres various videos on YouTube. Most require the fascia to be removed but i have seen one where theyre fixed with them still in place. However no reinforcement can be made and they likely will warp again over time. Personally i kinda like the look but when i come to get mine painted, i will be reinforcing them and returning back to flat before hand.

I didn’t think I would need to generate a lot of heat from the inner lamps to distort to that extent 
Looks like it’s going to be a case of front bumper off and reinforced 
Thanks for the useful information 
Simon
(07 May 2021, 08:46)samp5679 Wrote: Hi Guys
how are you dealing with the eye brows on the delorean where the headlamp heat misshapes the front panel ??

Simon

I used this method with great success. Very easy. 
http://delorean.bnebel.com/tiki-index.ph...yebrow+Fix
About to do mine but rather than the aluminium bar going to use 1.5mm carbon fibre sheet. Main reasons are that it's lighter, thinner, has more contact area for bonding and when you bend the sheet it returns back to its original shape.
(07 May 2021, 20:07)l3v3l1 Wrote:

Simon

This looks simple enough and you don't need to remove the front panel, is the bar in the picture round or flat bar ? Difficult to tell
(08 May 2021, 08:58)samp5679 Wrote:

Simon

This looks simple enough and you don't need to remove the front panel, is the bar in the picture round or flat bar ? Difficult to tell
[quote pid='52549' dateline='1620460713']
It's flat
[/quote]

Simon

Do you have any before and after photos? I would like to straighten my facia, but would rather avoid a repaint for now