Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found a "modern" Spare Wheel that fits.
Having a friend with his own scrap yard proved invaluable for finding a modern wheel that will fit the front, rear and spare wheel well.
A conventional wheel from a Mazda MX5 was damn close, - it fitted the front but the rear just fouled on a small casting protruding from the rear brake caliper. I was getting ready to file off that casting when I tried a Wheel, again from a Mazda MX5 2005, that was a Wolfrace wheel and it was as if it was made for the D.
Ok, so it uses a 195 50 R15, but it fits the wheel well - it's just taller than a space saver!
The prices of original spare wheels has all gone a bit silly over recent years, so I was happy to get this one. 
Photo 1 - rear and it clears the caliper perfectly
Photo 2 - shows the internal profile of the wheel
Photo 3 - shows clearance around the front wheel bearing race
Photo 4 shows the plastic centre cap Wolfrace Asia Tec
Photo 5 - shows the size of the Wolfrace wheel per the casting marks (Other marks showed that the wheel must have been after market. The car was 2005 and the wheels were made in July 2008).

Very happy to have found something that works and saved a bloody fortune !

Attached Files Image(s)

Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
we struggled with a spare spacesaver from our Toyota Sera when 'Sorbet' got a flat tyre one night at a show. It wasn't
perfect, but it just about got us home.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(30 Apr 2021, 20:29)Guinney1971 Wrote: we struggled with a spare spacesaver from our Toyota Sera when 'Sorbet' got a flat tyre one night at a show. It wasn't
perfect, but it just about got us home.

I remember Claire that you kindly supplied me with details of the Sera. The trouble was that there was none in the scrapyard, I didn't want to take a punt for 50 odd quid as you'd already said that it was a bit iffy.
So I just kept looking and trying.
It's as though this wheel was made to fit as all clearances are spot on.
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)