Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just bought a project! VIN 7128
The body looks really nice, I really wish mine looked as good as that when I got it. Good luck with the car.

I gave myself 2 years of "retirement activities" to get it done and pretty much hit that target. I'd owned it 2 years before that.

I bought mine from ............ Scotland !! (Penicuik)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
(05 Apr 2021, 21:10)SpudMurphy Wrote: The body looks really nice, I really wish mine looked as good as that when I got it. Good luck with the car.

I gave myself 2 years of "retirement activities" to get it done and pretty much hit that target. I'd owned it 2 years before that.

I bought mine from ............ Scotland !! (Penicuik)

I have been surprised at how many comments I have had regarding Deloreans and Scotland. 34 years old and have never seen one one on the road. Actually when my car arrives it will be the first delorean I have ever laid eyes on. Thanks for the kind wishes. I am no way near retirement so I feel this project could run on. Where are you based now? 

On another note - my car starts its voyage across the Atlantic on the 3rd of May with a collection eta of 23rd. I have been pouring over my photos of the car and have gotten a little worried about the lifting of the t-panel at the louvre end. The plate has been removed that covers the torsion bar adjustment so is it just the fact that it's missing which is causing it to stick up and nothing more sinister? Any feedback would be appreciated. 

[Image: ACtC-3eRvscaZZaeTvL4z4F14Vp7HNaH8ej6zd7c...authuser=0]

[Image: ACtC-3cFFqIJY7T1oa7lezPP8tmWRAk421vzpx66...authuser=0]
Yes, it's almost certainly that: the rear screen finisher pulls the t panel down to the finished position when it's in place. Make sure they refit it or at least put it in the ca before they send it though as they're not available new and more.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(21 Apr 2021, 23:43)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Yes, it's almost certainly that: the rear screen finisher pulls the t panel down to the finished position when it's in place. Make sure they refit it or at least put it in the ca before they send it though as they're not available new and more.

Thank you Rich, I was hoping that would be the case. Much appreciated.