Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Quote: I discovered that the clutch master cylinder had decided to empty a load of fluid into the footwell! So I've ordered a new one of them  - at least it's a lot easier to fit !!
It's very common for one to fail after you have replaced the other,! so you may have found that it would have failed sooner rather than later anyway. You may well be wise to replace the flexi hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder also as these often rot/sweat/leak as well. Give you chance to completely change/clean the system at the same time.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I think I will definitely replace the flexi hose as well - that way it should be all sorted!
Derfel aka Derv

Oct 1981 RHD DeLorean VIN 4890
1962 Beetle
2013 Transporter T5 Camper
Have you changed the actual clutch line to a stainless one? If not, I would advise to do that too. Then its all done
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
I’m not sure what other people have tried using for the flexi hose from the clutch reservoir to the master cylinder, but I’ve tried everything. I’m on a length of nitrile based fuel hose and have been for a while now. Everything sweats with the dot 4 sat in it. Don’t know if anyone has finally found a solution that doesn’t?!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Quote:I’m not sure what other people have tried using for the flexi hose from the clutch reservoir to the master cylinder, but I’ve tried everything. I’m on a length of nitrile based fuel hose and have been for a while now. Everything sweats with the dot 4 sat in it. Don’t know if anyone has finally found a solution that doesn’t?!
I would agree with you there, my comments about replacing the hose was so that he could remove the reservoir/hose, clean it out and then start off with a completely new set up. I guess that the long flexi would have been changed as it was converted by ChrisN (though clearly it would be best to check.

On another note I took some pics to check that connection previously pictured, though mine is in a slightly different location and the pics are not as clear I think they head off down-towards the starter (though could not properly check)

VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I can confirm, after a lot of pumping of the clutch , It now works beautifully! - A lot lighter than I was expecting. Unfortunately, the long flexi looks like an original fitting - Black plastic tube. I guess it's one of the upgrades which I will add to the list to be done in the future.

Thanks Chris for the photo - So they are meant to be connected. Fantastic - that's just what I needed to know. Cheers.
Derfel aka Derv

1962 Beetle
Quote:On another note I took some pics to check that connection previously pictured, though mine is in a slightly different location and the pics are not as clear I think they head off down-towards the starter (though could not properly check)
Had a chance to check properly today and t'other Chris was correct with his description (never doubted it) to be honest. 
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks guys!
Derfel aka Derv

1962 Beetle